Use BootCD.

Or follow these instructions:

Creating a Mac OS X Bootable CD

Nobody said it would be easy.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    toast??? toast works for me, for my os x backups
  • Reply 3 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    There should definitely be a option to do this in Disk Utility. And in fact if you want more than a bare bones disc or the option to put a few things on like disk utilites there should be an option to make a bootable DVD too if you have a SuperDrive. I bet that'll make the cut in 10.4.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    If Apple would make it easy to make bootables in Disk Utility, they wouldn't sell that many OS X.x CD's, would they ?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    nanonano Posts: 179member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BigBlue

If Apple would make it easy to make bootables in Disk Utility, they wouldn't sell that many OS X.x CD's, would they ?

What the hell is a OS X.x CD
  • Reply 6 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Well people have been buying 1984-2001 Classic OS. And people can copy it anyway it's just a pain for legit users. Apple is usually great about copy protection crap, always going on the light side. Apple really is the ****ing shit when it comes to this usually. More props to them if we can back up 10.4.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Nobody said it would be easy. [/B]

If you think it's hard on the Mac try making one for windows... Got tired of having to have a boot disk (on an actual floppy drive). To make a bootable cd to get into friggin' dos prompt, it took me forever! So yeah.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich

If you think it's hard on the Mac try making one for windows... Got tired of having to have a boot disk (on an actual floppy drive). To make a bootable cd to get into friggin' dos prompt, it took me forever! So yeah.

Ugggg...how many times do we have to tell you? WINDOWS SUCKS!!!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    3... 2... 1... Flame war !!!!!