Sold your Mac BLUES...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Quote:

Originally posted by Dr_Holistic

Dangit!!!

I want my G5 PowerMac update !!!

I sold my laptop back in January and figured I'd have a new Mac by now!!!

Hurry up apple... release my PowerMac Rev.B

Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

LOL!!! How many of us did that... we should have a forum on that...

I'd be willing to bet most of us coming on this forum every day sold our fastest mac hoping to get a Rev B powermac...

I'm down for 1 vote of selling for new power mac and being macless

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I didn't sell, but I didn't think about it either. You only make that mistake once. Then you always buy after they are released.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    buy, then sell.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Nevah sell a Mac!!!!

I have 2 LCs, a 6100/60, a G3 MT Beige, a 2x1.25 MDD and a brand new iBook G4 12". All of them, bar none, work and are hooked up to the network and performing useful functions on there.

I reckon that the LCs are about 13-14 years old by now - yet they work flawlessly and never crash. They have a surprisingly modern look and feel running System 7 (although you have to wait a while for them to do anything).

Of how many PCs of similar vintage can the same be said I wonder?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Thank god I am with the Majority on this one. Sell a Mac... Heretics

8)
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Selling a Mac?

What is the world coming to? I still have every Mac I ever owned.

(Except for one of my 6400s with a bad logic board, that one went into repair and didn't make it back out alive.)

R.I.P. One of DMB's 6400s
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Murbot! Murbot! Where art thou Murbot!!??
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Nope, didn't sell mine...didn't even think about it! Waited forever for the long-rumored G5, finally got tired of waiting and bought a Dual 1.42 G4....guess what happened 2 months later?

LOOK!!! NEW G5s!!! FASTFASTFAST!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I can't believe I'm not in this group. What the hell is this world coming to? heh heh

Believe it or not, I am STILL on my 12" G4 iBook. I am just going to enjoy sitting this one out.

• Reply 9 of 9
    I have a theory at why the new G5's have not been announced

Apple (who watches eBay and this site) saw and increased number of G5 sales going on and just to spite you decided to hold back on the release of new ones. They are all stockpiled somewhere in a large warehouse. That is what has happened.

Macaddict16