iPod mini problems?!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My mini has locked up 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I'm surprised at that since my first gen. iPod hardly ever did that. In the 2 years of use it locked up maybe 3 times.

Today I used my mini it at work all day, about 10 hours of continues play. After work I get into my car, connect my mini to my car stereo... no songs to play! I had no playlist at all. I get home connect my mini, it has NOTHING in it. I run disk utility and sure enough it needs repairs.

My mini ate my music.

Has anyone experienced this has well?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i heard of some other people having problems with this. its just a software issue and apple will update soon.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I experienced a similar music loss when I got on a 10 hour flight from Chicago to Naples, Italy. All my music on my iPod...GONE!!!! I had my Powerbook with me, but I store all my music on my Power Mac, I was devastated at the thought of spending 3 weeks without my music or a functioning iPod...luckily a girl on the trip had a Powerbook with some tunes that I put on the Pod.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    How do you even reset an iPod mini with the click wheel? You can't hold down menu and play at the same time.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    m.o.s.tm.o.s.t Posts: 255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

My mini has locked up 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I'm surprised at that since my first gen. iPod hardly ever did that. In the 2 years of use it locked up maybe 3 times.

Today I used my mini it at work all day, about 10 hours of continues play. After work I get into my car, connect my mini to my car stereo... no songs to play! I had no playlist at all. I get home connect my mini, it has NOTHING in it. I run disk utility and sure enough it needs repairs.

My mini ate my music.

Has anyone experienced this has well?

Twice

Once the first day I got it.....

Second was like a day later..

Im sure there will be some update that will fix it 8)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

How do you even reset an iPod mini with the click wheel? You can't hold down menu and play at the same time.

Hold down menu and center button.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Sure you can. I have. The wheel flexes a bit, it's softer than it looks.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    I've had my mini from day one. Use it about an hour a day during my daily walk. It has not locked up or otherwise given me any problems. It's green (on purpose).