Help! Psychology!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok guys,

I'm conducting a pyschology experiment, and need some additional responses, so I figure..what better place to turn than here?

This is a sort of...survey, I would like you to just answer a couple of questions and tell me whether you're a male, female, approximate age, and nationality...those all factor in.

Following is a list of 3 ethnic names, please classify them as a male or female name.[list=1][*]Zenek[*]Jack[*]Ravi[/list=1]

Now please tell me your general information as from above, and if you only answer one part, please answer the rest, because I can only use complete responses. And only be as specific as you want to, *other than on the male/female part.*

Thanks for you participation, everyone who chooses to do so.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Info about me:

Male, 18 years, Chinese but grew up in Italy yet went to an English school.

1. Male

2. Male

3. Female

Hope this helps,

Steve.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Can I ask what your experiment is trying to prove?

How did you choose those 3 names, was it arbitrary?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Male

Male

Male

mid 20's, male, white.

oops. wrong one up there. all male.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    sh0ewaxsh0ewax Posts: 114member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

Can I ask what your experiment is trying to prove?

How did you choose those 3 names, was it arbitrary?

I'll answer that in a pm. If anyone else has these questions I'll do the same, but only after you've taken the quiz.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Zenek... holy crap that's my dog's name.. male

the rest:

male

female

oh wait... I'm male, still in my teens, and live in atlanta georgia, but I'm totally Polish.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Zenek - sounds male. google gives a lot of crap in polish. zenek? it does not sound like anything that i would want to call any female with.

Jack - is that "ethnic" name? ive never heard of any female called jack. so male.

Ravi - male. like ravi shankar.

i'm approximately female (by body, by mind can't guarantee), age more or less the age of apple, and i'm approximately european.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    male, age mid twenties, american (east europe descent)

male

male

female

these are based upon people i know so...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I am male, 17 years old. White and Canadian.

male

male

hermaphrodite with a little more on the male side.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    sh0ewaxsh0ewax Posts: 114member
    Thanks for everyone's help! The report is all written and everything has been done! These respones were helpful, especially in the "what-would-you-have-done-better-next-time?" section.

Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

Jack - is that "ethnic" name? ive never heard of any female called jack. so male.

Well, when I was conducting this in person, the people I targeted it toward were Midwestern Americans, thus it was really a control of sorts for the experiment...If you can believe that, in some flawed way this turned out to be an experiment.

Thanks again!

Maciek
  • Reply 10 of 10
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    so give us some statistics.

how many % thought each name was male / female .. and which were the correct answers.