As The Apple Turns, Returned My Email...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Yea, Jack is a really awesome guy. I met him at 2 different Apple store openings and he's really down to earth, with a great sense of humor.

I must be missing something....

who's this guy you all got the hots for ?
  • Reply 22 of 39
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    www.appleturns.com He is the main contributing writer at AtAT, I guess.
  • Reply 23 of 39
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

www.appleturns.com He is the main contributing writer at AtAT, I guess.

Jack basically is AtAT. He does the writing and his wife is the "goddess of minutae". His articles are fun to read and that's where he's gotten his following. Even Rockwood has made cartoons about him.
  • Reply 24 of 39
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Wow, how slow must things get before someone posts "Blah blah blah told me to look for something big in April." How about April Fool's Day? Inside Information? Here ya go: NAB is April 17-22nd and guess what Apple is going to be there! Not only that, I can tell you exactly where they will be setup!

Now, only Kormac can fill in the rest....
  • Reply 25 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

Wow, how slow must things get before someone posts "Blah blah blah told me to look for something big in April." How about April Fool's Day? Inside Information? Here ya go: NAB is April 17-22nd and guess what Apple is going to be there! Not only that, I can tell you exactly where they will be setup!

Now, only Kormac can fill in the rest....

Obviously you don't know AtAT's rumor scorecard. They definitely have some kind of connection because they've been right too often for it to be chance.
  • Reply 26 of 39
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Whooo Hooo! Alias is right next to Apple's stations. Not that it matters, but???? You never know.
  • Reply 27 of 39
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Obviously you don't know AtAT's rumor scorecard. They definitely have some kind of connection because they've been right too often for it to be chance.

Well aware of their past record. I just haven't seen them post anything on their site regarding it. Until then, it's a fart in the wind.
  • Reply 28 of 39
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

There's something due any day

I will know right away

Soon as it shows

Thank you, DaveGee. You made my evening! With a creative mindset like this, waiting will be easy and fun.

In the words of the wise Mandricard, "Hope springs eternal."

Escher
  • Reply 29 of 39
    guess what. something really big is coming at <macworld fall 2004>, i cant say what right now its too early. but suffice to say it will be huge and change the way everyone thinks about <tv>.

wow, now Im a prophet... the statement above works while substituting any season, fiscal quarter or mac-special date and any common task or object not yet mastered in software. try it out and read it back to yourself. starts to sound like Kormac doesn't it? sorry, kormac would be 15 different versions of that statement, god bless his lying mac-loving soul. Im sure he's out there somewhere surfing the net on his chrome intel/x86 motorolla-manufactured x-mac.

Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

I said this...Being a (crazy) Mac user, I need my rumors! The thing I always loved about your rumors was that they were always right on. Oh how I wish you guys would risk your necks for us Mac users once again, dig up some dirt, and fan the flames of our obsession. Especially as I am going to be buying a PowerBook around the time of my high school graduation, (who said you had to be old to read your site?) a little rumoring from you guys is always appreciated and enjoyed.

Jack:

• Reply 30 of 39
    big macbig mac Posts: 480member
    AtAT - Best Mac Site Ever©

If Jack is expecting something big in April, then we can take it to the bank. His predictive accuracy is, as others have said, as close to 100% as one can get. He and moki are the ones to rely on for insider information.
  • Reply 31 of 39
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

Well aware of their past record. I just haven't seen them post anything on their site regarding it. Until then, it's a fart in the wind.

They actually did have a "something big in April" in one of there story-lines. It was sometime in February I think.

The e-mail to messiahtosh was old info they already put on the site.
  • Reply 32 of 39
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    I'm just checking, didn't Apple incorporate on April 1st? If this is true, then maybe they'd like to introduce something big on that day.
  • Reply 33 of 39
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Quote:

I'm hoping it's an Apple headless G5 for $999.

About as likely as an X86 based Macintosh IMHO.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    tak1108tak1108 Posts: 222member
    I'm expecting DVD studio Pro 3 at NAB this year. not sure what the updates to it will be though.
  • Reply 35 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by jouster

I guess we'll have to see, but if Fred Anderson thought it important enough to make that remark during an analyst's meeting then I think it points to a future release at a $999 price point. Since any Apple at this point would have to battle against a 2.2 to 2.6GHz Intel chip with a decent speed buss they couldn't use a G4 based system and be seen as competitive.

Apple has to grow market share or software developers will stop caring about the platform.
  • Reply 36 of 39
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jouster

I think a 999 flat screen iMac is prefectly possible. 15 inch wide screen, combo drive G5. Then prices go up from there with 17 and 20 inch screens.

Meanwhile, the eMac drops to say 599 and up...
  • Reply 37 of 39
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Looks like Jack saw this coming...
  • Reply 38 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

They actually did have a "something big in April" in one of there story-lines. It was sometime in February I think.

The e-mail to messiahtosh was old info they already put on the site.

Yup. From February 10th (in part):

Quote:

As for the PowerBook G5, Mac OS Rumors is claiming that it won't materialize until "the late third quarter," which may be disappointing even though it's well in line with Apple's official statements that it hopes to have it on the market by the end of the year. So if you've been hanging on that "PowerBook G5 within the first 3 months of 2004" thing, this is probably as good a time as any to wave goodbye to the dream (although there are some intriguing yet maddeningly unspecific whispers floating around about something "huge" coming in April).

• Reply 39 of 39
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rickag

I'm just checking, didn't Apple incorporate on April 1st? If this is true, then maybe they'd like to introduce something big on that day.

Better no, since no one would believe it .