Dreamweaver Templates

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I need to make a DW template for my teacher, and I just want a single editable region so he can put stuff in there. Well I want it in the middle of the page kinda (160px from the left, 75 px from the top, 540x525px in size) so I made a layer in the template and put the editable reigion in there. It works perfectly but it doesn't wrap text, it just keeps going over and over, is there a way to remedy this?

Example

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    the line you have put in to the template will not break as it has no spaces in it to break.

when using test text use real text (take a story from a news site)

that should work.

j.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ohh I like the logo anim when you roll over it
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Thanks, what would make sense!

...and thanks on the compliment...you don't think the rollover images are too distracting while you are over top of them? I wasn't sure if it was too much or not.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    francisg3francisg3 Posts: 168member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnrp

the line you have put in to the template will not break as it has no spaces in it to break.

when using test text use real text (take a story from a news site)

that should work.

j.

Johnrp is correct.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Thanks, what would make sense!

...and thanks on the compliment...you don't think the rollover images are too distracting while you are over top of them? I wasn't sure if it was too much or not.

You are right they are a little distracting. I try and make the rollover state different but still as readable as the none rollover state, maybe a darker glow outside would work, or do the same little animation style as the logo subtle and understated. "less is more"

j.