quicktime/pdf question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Okay, so somehow I changed the settings in safari that when I click on an icon to download a pdf, like for a job listing, it opens in a new window and shows the quicktime icon and downloads only the first page of said job listing. I know it's gotta be something stupid or obvious, but I can't figure out. I already went into mime settings for quicktime and unchecked pdf box. Any suggestions. It didn't used to do this. It would download the document and I could open and read the whole thing. thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Check out the PDF Browser Plugin 2.0, which rocks.

I'm not sure what's wrong with your MIME settings.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Meeces

Okay, so somehow I changed the settings in safari that when I click on an icon to download a pdf, like for a job listing, it opens in a new window and shows the quicktime icon and downloads only the first page of said job listing. I know it's gotta be something stupid or obvious, but I can't figure out. I already went into mime settings for quicktime and unchecked pdf box. Any suggestions. It didn't used to do this. It would download the document and I could open and read the whole thing. thanks.

The simpliest thing to do is do a "Save As..." on the browser window with the PDF. That will save the entire PDF rather than just the first page.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Basically what you are seeing is the quicktime opening the pdf -document as a picture in the web browser. This happens because you have selected PDF Image in the quicktime mime settings. To remove it go to System Preferences --> QuickTime --> PlugIn --> MIME Settings... --> Images - Still Image Files - and deselect 'PDF Image'.

EDIT: Sorry. Didn't read your message carefully enough. You already tried that. What you should keep in mind is, that the changes to the quicktime mime settings take place only after re-launching your browser.

-Snowster