Was PLAN-B right?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
In light of the new promotion on PowerMacs and LCD displays that ends right before WWDC, I'm wondering if there might be some more credibility to this rumor. I guess we'll find out on the 30th . . . because if they don't come out by then, I'm not looking for anything till either NAB or WWDC-but if it's at NAB, it's going to be low-key because the highest ranking person there is Phil Shiller, and I don't think Steve would allow him to steal the thunder with a 3.0Ghz G5 announcement.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Uhmmm.. He admitted everything was fake at the end of the thread...

Mods feel free to lock the thread.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Does this mean that idiotic G5 graphic on the homepage - which should've been gone last week - is going to be there until June?

SOMETHING has to come out, or, at the very least, they're going to have to put something else up there. I just don't get the appeal - and reasoning - of cluttering up their front page with 10-month-old hardware that a) nobody cares about, b) everyone knows is more than due for a refresh and c) anyone who wants/needs one probably has one by now.

Odd.

Hell, stick the iPod and the minis up...at least they're selling and making a wide, mainstream impact of real significance.

• Reply 3 of 7
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

...at the very least, they're going to have to put something else up there. I just don't get the appeal - and reasoning - of cluttering up their front page with 10-month-old hardware that a) nobody cares about, b) everyone knows is more than due for a refresh and c) anyone who wants/needs one probably has one by now.

What do you want to do when there are no new computers from Apple Computer Inc.?

Quote:

Hell, stick the iPod and the minis up...at least they're selling and making a wide, mainstream impact of real significance.

Those was there from the beginning of the year or so and we complained in these forums for that, as if Apple is not anymore a computer hardware company.

By the way, Powerpage thinks that the Powerbooks will be updated this week.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB What do you want to do when there are no new computers from Apple Computer Inc.?

Apple makes more than computers. Or, at the very least, rotate the computers around. Why have a 10-month-old static G5 graphic when you could augment it with newer, more recently-released PowerBooks, iBooks or 20" iMac. Or the G5 Xserve.

Quote:

[referring to iPods]Those was there from the beginning of the year or so and we complained in these forums for that, as if Apple is not anymore a computer hardware company.

Yeah, but they're a bit more exciting and meaningful than 10-month-old towers...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

By the way, Powerpage thinks that the Powerbooks will be updated this week.

If that image they have there is what they think will be replacing the Al Books, boy am I glad I got one of these, that thing is ugly as hell, look at the louvered top. Sick!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Or, at the very least, rotate the computers around. Why have a 10-month-old static G5 graphic when you could augment it with newer, more recently-released PowerBooks, iBooks or 20" iMac. Or the G5 Xserve.

Ok, now that's a good idea, especially in such dry periods...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by swizcore

If that image they have there is what they think will be replacing the Al Books, boy am I glad I got one of these, that thing is ugly as hell, look at the louvered top. Sick!

I think that's one of those neat Applele concepts. That guy does amazing work.

Check 'em out!

Note top image in Gallery C...