PowerBook resale site

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A while back I remember a site that would pay you for your old PowerBook and other stuff. They would quote you a price based on what you included with your computer and then you had like 48 hours to accept or not. I was just curious to if anyone knows what the site is? I cannot find it for the life of me and I have a friend looking to get as much as he can for his PowerBook. He wants to get a quote on it from them so that he can decide what to price it at.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Powermax? I think they buy old macs.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I sold mine through PowerBookCentral.com in less than 24 hours last Fall. I got $800 for it, PowerMax and one other site (can't remember the name) were giving low 700's for it.

So, for the price of a 30 minute drive I think it worked out for the best for me. Which is good because I didn't sell it until after I had my AlBook!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    Ok so what is a fair price for a like/new Powerbook G4 867 15" Combo drive with 40 gb hard drive and 512 mb ram? Don't really want to do the quote mess with PowerMax cause that wasn't the site I saw originally and they look to be a little more difficult. It also has 3 years of Applecare starting at around Dec 2002 or Jan 2003.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpp1cd

Ok so what is a fair price for a like/new Powerbook G4 867 15" Combo drive with 40 gb hard drive and 512 mb ram? Don't really want to do the quote mess with PowerMax cause that wasn't the site I saw originally and they look to be a little more difficult. It also has 3 years of Applecare starting at around Dec 2002 or Jan 2003.

With a computer like that, you should definitely go ebay. You'll make much more than through channels with "sane" buyers.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    Would that mean I would want to accept PayPal? Currently, I can't really do that because the amount would be greater than PayPal would let me. Do people trust enough to pay online through ebay? Anyone here interested?