Safari questions

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
1. Anyone have their Safari windows snap to the top of the screen after moving them? Mine has started doing this a lot lately. Not all the time. Very annoying...

2. Trying to figure out what the time code stamp is (means) in the Safari History.plist file. Goes something like this:

<key>lastVisitedDate</key>

\t\t\t<string>103172571.7</string>

Any ideas what that translates to?

Thanks,

Chas

Comments

• Reply 2 of 3
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macmedia

1. Anyone have their Safari windows snap to the top of the screen after moving them? Mine has started doing this a lot lately. Not all the time. Very annoying...

2. Trying to figure out what the time code stamp is (means) in the Safari History.plist file. Goes something like this:

<key>lastVisitedDate</key>

\t\t\t<string>103172571.7</string>

Any ideas what that translates to?

Thanks,

Chas

1. If the window has been "maximized" (Safari only maximizes vertically) it will not make the window larger than from the bottom of the menu bar (naturally) and the top of the Dock. Windows at this size will then snap back to that position of dragged downward. Obstensibly to avoid having the window resize widget at lower right or scrollbar arrow and thumbs being behind the Dock. Frankly I'd rather take the chance and would rather it let me drag it anywhere. I can always drag it back up.

You can manually size the window and be able to drag it under though, and it won't snap back so long as you don't try to put the titlebar under it.

However not all other apps do this snapping back. It's inconsistent.

2. It doesn't seem to be unix epoch format but here's a converter:

http://www.hsoi.com/hsoishop/softwar...eTimeConverter

(I haven't tried it).
  • Reply 3 of 3
    macmediamacmedia Posts: 152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

1. If the window has been "maximized" (Safari only maximizes vertically) it will not make the window larger than from the bottom of the menu bar (naturally) and the top of the Dock. Windows at this size will then snap back to that position of dragged downward. Obstensibly to avoid having the window resize widget at lower right or scrollbar arrow and thumbs being behind the Dock. Frankly I'd rather take the chance and would rather it let me drag it anywhere. I can always drag it back up.

You can manually size the window and be able to drag it under though, and it won't snap back so long as you don't try to put the titlebar under it.

However not all other apps do this snapping back. It's inconsistent.

2. It doesn't seem to be unix epoch format but here's a converter:

http://www.hsoi.com/hsoishop/softwar...eTimeConverter

(I haven't tried it).

Thanks for the info. You should be able to maximize a window and not have it snap to the top of the window. Stoopid UI design IMO. Oh well, at least I know that I'm not going bonkers.

The link that Chucker posted worked great. Thanks!

Chas