ok you hip-hoppers answer me this

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I went to an after hours club recently when I was in Pbgh . . . the hippest place ever .. . . . absolutely great place . .

anyway, the DJ played a tune that was really fantastic, the lyrics were about what a wonderful world we live in, just to look around at how great it is etc etc . . .

It was a mellow groove and Lush and vey rich sounding

I had been introduced to the DJ so I felt ok asking him what that was that he just played . . he mumbled something that sounded like: "alec Jarvis" or jarvaise or Alex or similar

anybody have any ideas how I can find out what the tune was? . . . I am no longer in that city so I need to hunt it down with nothing but google and you folks . . .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Rap? It's all about rock!
  • Reply 2 of 11
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    There is a Blackalicious song called 'make you feel that way'

it's all about how beautiful life can be. The groove is very smooth.

did this song feature a trumpet in the intro?

\

It's kind of a stretch though, alec jarvais - blackalicious, but, it's not THAT far off, like, if you only heard the last bit of what he said ackalifcious, alec jarvais, I could see that happening, especially if it was a noisy area. \

eitherway, this blackalicious song is terrific, you should check it out regardless
  • Reply 3 of 11
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    google the words you know. put quotations around the phrases you know, then add 'lyric' to the end of the search box. that should get you what you want.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

That is a good song and well worth the Pepsi Bottle Top I used to hear it . . I'm sure I'll listen to it alot . .

But, unfortunately it isn't the song . . . although the groove is pretty much the same, a little faster and much shorter . . . .

Thanks for the recomendation
  • Reply 5 of 11
    ipodandimacs suggestion was probably the best you could hope for.

that said, another great rap song about the beauty of life is Pep love's "living is beautiful"

I doubt it's the song you are looking for, Pep Love bears no resemblance to Alex Jarvis, but Pep Love's crew is Hieroglyphics, which could possibly sound like Alex Jarvis in a noisy room. *shrug*

again, it's a stretch, but worth checking out. unfortunately, I don't think there is any Hiero Stuff on iTMS.

edit: While there is no pep love on iTMS, there are a couple other artists from the hiero crew, and that's pretty exciting because maybe that will mean that the rest of the crew will find their way onto the store in the future.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

it's all about how beautiful life can be. The groove is very smooth.

did this song feature a trumpet in the intro?

\

It's kind of a stretch though, alec jarvais - blackalicious, but, it's not THAT far off, like, if you only heard the last bit of what he said ackalifcious, alec jarvais, I could see that happening, especially if it was a noisy area. \

eitherway, this blackalicious song is terrific, you should check it out regardless

Ahhh... I'm glad someone else knows Make You Feel That Way. That's down one of the best hip-hip songs. If any of you want some good music, pick up the Blazing Arrow album by him.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jim Paradise

Ahhh... I'm glad someone else knows Make You Feel That Way. That's down one of the best hip-hip songs. If any of you want some good music, pick up the Blazing Arrow album by him.

Of course, gift of gab is one of my favorite rappers. 8)
  • Reply 8 of 11
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Could you describe the beat at all?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

Could you describe the beat at all?

It was a very lush rich and textured sound with very little pronounced and overt rythm . . . but there was a rythm just that it was not one big stomp over and over sort of thing . . .

I am condemned to remember this great moment and never be able to hear it again . . . .

well . . . it would probably not live up to my memory anyway . . . besides it was 4 O'Clock in the morning and I was feeling fine . . . so, you know \
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Was it definitely a hip-hop track, or could it have been something like Thievery Corporation or Dzihan & Kamien? Can you remember any specific lines?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Was it definitely a hip-hop track, or could it have been something like Thievery Corporation or Dzihan & Kamien? Can you remember any specific lines?

well . . . as it recedes in the past it gets blurrier . . . so: No

It was about what a wonderful place this world is and all that stuff

besides, as I said: "it was 4 O'Clock in the morning and I was feeling fine . . . so, you know"