Kerry's First Purple Heart-for a booboo

Comments

• Reply 21 of 77
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    trumptman, I defend you and this is how you repay me? Yeesh.
  • Reply 22 of 77
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    well, everyone has their moments. and then there's this.

seriously, this thread is retarded. who gives a flying **** if the first purple heart was lame. he got a pile of others. he was actually there. this is so not thread worthy, but then again, i'm replying to this crap, so i suppose i'm just feeding the trolls.
  • Reply 23 of 77
    hassan i sabbahhassan i sabbah Posts: 3,987member
    George Bush.

George Bush lubed, wearing a thong.

His head around the bedroom door, he beckons to me, a half smile on his gentle lips, the lines around his eyes creased.

I put my trumpet down. I nod my head. The movement is barely perceptible.

Yes, George.

Yes.
  • Reply 24 of 77
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

George Bush.

George Bush lubed, wearing a thong.

His head around the bedroom door, he beckons to me, a half smile on his gentle lips, the lines around his eyes creased.

I put my trumpet down. I nod my head. The movement is barely perceptible.

Yes, George.

Yes.

What happened to the "yeeeaaaaaaaahhhh!!!"?

And then maybe one of these? I hear the keys....CLANG!
  • Reply 25 of 77
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

well, everyone has their moments. and then there's this.

seriously, this thread is retarded. who gives a flying **** if the first purple heart was lame. he got a pile of others. he was actually there. this is so not thread worthy, but then again, i'm replying to this crap, so i suppose i'm just feeding the trolls.

We already had this discussion anyway. While I disagree with most of what 7E7 said in that thread, I found that at least that poster approached the topic with a less inflammatory attitude. Seriously- there are ways of stating things that shouldn't provoke people.
  • Reply 26 of 77
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I am unprovoked.

It's just sad, really, to see people act like this.
  • Reply 27 of 77
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

It doesn't need to "imply" anything since it is already history. We already know what he did. He took his "injuries" and used them as a means of coming home 4 months before his tour of duty ended. Upon arriving home he began working so that he could call those still in Vietnam baby-killers, murderers, rapists and war criminals.

Nick

1. Where, when, and for how long did you serve? Did you get a purple heart?

2. Can you provide any quotes where he (not you) called soldiers in Vietnam "baby-killers, murderers, rapists, or war criminals"? I would love to be educated further on this portion of his political career.
  • Reply 28 of 77
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by buckeye

2. Can you provide any quotes where he (not you) called soldiers in Vietnam "baby-killers, murderers, rapists, or war criminals"? I would love to be educated further on this portion of his political career.

Quote:

Kerry Said...

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, tape wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the country side of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

We who have come here to Washington have come here because we feel we have to be winter soldiers now. We could come back to this country; we could be quiet; we could hold our silence; we could not tell what went on in Vietnam, but we feel because of what threatens this country, the fact that the crimes threaten it, no reds, and not redcoats but the crimes which we are committing that threaten it, that we have to speak out.

The war will continue. So what I am saying is that yes, there will be some recrimination but far, far less than the 200,000 a year who are murdered by the United States of America

• Reply 29 of 77
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

So it's not ok for a comic strip to call Tillman a racist and not a war hero, but it is ok to impugn the reputation of Kerry?

I don't get it.

Kerry is attempting to use his war record to impugn others. Additionally Kerry came back from getting this supposed Purple Heart and called his fellow troops war criminals.

There is a difference between suggesting things about someone, (aka Tillman racist) and actually having their history demonstrate something about them.

Nick
  • Reply 30 of 77
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Its funny how this thread is supposedly low and pathetic, when quite a few of the detractors here were quick to chime in on a recent "About that National Gaurd thing again" thread which also goes over the minutia of certain candidate's military record.

<insert rolleyes smiley here>
  • Reply 31 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Well that doesn't answer the question.

But it did get me to re-read his testimony and remember how hard it must have been. Having to try to sum up the mixed feelings of thousands of returning veterans is not an easy task.
  • Reply 32 of 77
    Quote:

Kerry is attempting to use his war record to impugn others. Additionally Kerry came back from getting this supposed Purple Heart and called his fellow troops war criminals.

Nick

What about his purple heart(s) is "supposed"? Was he not awarded them?
  • Reply 33 of 77
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

What about his purple heart(s) is "supposed"? Was he not awarded them?

Well on Kerry's first purple heart, it wasn't awarded to him. Almost all medals are awarded because the armed services determined that the person did something to warrant it.

Kerry however REQUESTED is first purple heart. The request was denied and he applied for it yet again with a different commanding officer.

You can call it whatever you want. I posted the description of the injury. I posted the circumstances regarding how it was requested rather that awarded. You can call it whatever you want, but I know what I call it.

Nick
  • Reply 34 of 77
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Well that doesn't answer the question.

But it did get me to re-read his testimony and remember how hard it must have been. Having to try to sum up the mixed feelings of thousands of returning veterans is not an easy task.

Actually it did answer the question. I don't think it was hard though. Kerry finds it easy to repeat lies to further his political career.
  • Reply 35 of 77
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Kerry finds it easy to repeat lies to further his political career.

?and this differs from other politicians how?
  • Reply 36 of 77
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dviant

Its funny how this thread is supposedly low and pathetic, when quite a few of the detractors here were quick to chime in on a recent "About that National Gaurd thing again" thread which also goes over the minutia of certain candidate's military record.

<insert rolleyes smiley here>

Look at the dates that that (national gaurd) thread was started, then look at the date of the other 'Kerry war thread' . . . it was brought up because of that other THREAD EXACTLY LIKE THIS ONE: about Kerry's supposed lack of heroism while getting those numerous medals for heroism!!
  • Reply 37 of 77
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Well on Kerry's first purple heart, it wasn't awarded to him. Almost all medals are awarded because the armed services determined that the person did something to warrant it.

Kerry however REQUESTED is first purple heart. The request was denied and he applied for it yet again with a different commanding officer.

You can call it whatever you want. I posted the description of the injury. I posted the circumstances regarding how it was requested rather that awarded. You can call it whatever you want, but I know what I call it.

Nick

This is not general knowledge; therefore, you should cite it. <---I know it hasn't been that long since you wrote your last college paper!

</editor>
  • Reply 38 of 77
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

So protesting somehow discounts all previous service? That's interesting. You know, I think that Cognitive Behavioral Therapists have it all wrong and have spoken openly about that. Should my master's thesis be revoked?

Do you have a link where Kerry is using his war record to impugn others, as you say? (Are you using yours to impugn his?)

You are unbelievable. Unless you, yourself are some sort of war hero, I think you need rethink a couple things...

Quote:

There is a difference between suggesting things about someone, (aka Tillman racist) and actually having their history demonstrate something about them.

What has history demonstrated about Kerry's war record? That he didn't actually serve? You're obfuscating the issues here. Stick with the topic. Kerry didn't serve his country. (oh, wait, he did. What was your point again?)
  • Reply 39 of 77
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    Pay no attention to me, I'm just listening in...
  • Reply 40 of 77
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member