I can't believe I'm finally Switching!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Well I've finally done it. I just ordered a PB 12" (w/ 80 GB drive) from the Apple store. A couple of years ago I would have laughed like hell at anyone who told me I should get a Mac. But after heaps of research last year, I realised that they rock and have been wanting to buy one since last October. The new revision (and a bit of spare $$$)finally drove me to it!

Basically I was sick of the 3-4 monthly required Windows reinstalls and unreliability. This will be a big change for me as I actually work as a IT Tech for peecees and have been using them for 14 years. Now I will be able to gain the knowledge to give advice about Macs to people at work instead of saying "I know nothing about them"

Can't wait for delivery!

Doh! Just realised I should have ordered the TV out adaptor too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    rock on dude, welcome to our world! you da man!
  • Reply 2 of 26
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Whoohoo! Congrats, and welcome to the cult... er... club... um...

Glad to see ya.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Congratulations on that purchase, enjoy it!
  • Reply 4 of 26
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    we now have a 3.00000000000001% market share!!!!
  • Reply 5 of 26
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Yay another Oz mac user !

Enjoy your mac when you get it and post some impressions of it after you have down the special box opening photo thing and played with it for a bit !
  • Reply 6 of 26
    Still waiting for 3 ghz powermacs to switch :-(
  • Reply 7 of 26
    thedustinthedustin Posts: 176member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Judicat0r

Doh! Just realised I should have ordered the TV out adaptor too.

I think it comes with one, not 100% sure though. My girlfriends Rev. A did.

_thedustin
  • Reply 8 of 26
    judicat0rjudicat0r Posts: 8member
    The only annoying thing is that I work at a school full time (and then some) and even though I am constantly teaching the teachers and students how to do things on computers, I'm not eligible for the "education" prices. Yet someone in my position at a University would be. Go figure.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

I think it comes with one, not 100% sure though. My girlfriends Rev. A did.

_thedustin

12" have never had S-Video out built in, you have to go from the mini-dvi out to a video adapter.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    ragexragex Posts: 126member
    Welcome to the club my friend
  • Reply 11 of 26
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    i'm currently typing this on the new 12" baby! it's a very cool computer... i use it permanently in dual-display-mode - that rocks!

and also you will soon know how to rock - i hope that y'll be as happy as i am now!!!
  • Reply 12 of 26
    I just got an email saying my new BTO PB has shipped! Less than 2 days from order to despatch is pretty impressive!
  • Reply 13 of 26
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Quote:

I just got an email saying my new BTO PB has shipped! Less than 2 days from order to despatch is pretty impressive!

Wow ! I hope my BTO ships that fast ! sweet !

You are going to love it
  • Reply 14 of 26
    judicat0rjudicat0r Posts: 8member
    Whoohoo! It arrived. Now I just have to wait until I finish work so I can play with it.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

...Basically I was sick of the 3-4 monthly required Windows reinstalls and unreliability. .....

WOWSA!!! I myself am a disgruntled windows user who needs to reinstall bi- or tri-mounthly, gearing up to do it in 2 weeks, when school ends, but 3-4x per month???

dare i ask..

WTF are u doing on that rig? beta testing viruses or something?
  • Reply 16 of 26
    sn1persn1per Posts: 6member
    heavy overclocker on the pc? Well you can always use your PC as a server and pop a bunch of big cheap HD's in it w/ some Slackware
  • Reply 17 of 26
    Actually I meant once every 3 or 4 months. I would have gone insane if I had to do it 3 or 4 times EACH month!

And yep, I'm going to set up my old PC as a server.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    futuremacfuturemac Posts: 242member
    hi Judicat0r!

i would say "welcome to the club" but im not even a member yet! lol, and i too can verify the constant reinstallations of windows every few months and cant wait to get the heck off this sinking ship. oh and sometimes i get these feelings about things that MAY happen, so Judicat0r please consider getting one of those tracking type software thingys in case your "mactop" gets stolen ok? that way if it does happen they'll be able to trace it and get it back for you. good luck!
  • Reply 19 of 26
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

hey, do you like starcraft?
  • Reply 20 of 26
    strawberrystrawberry Posts: 181member
    I just ordered my first Mac too, the 14" iBook G4 1Ghz 512mb ram, Bluetooth, Superdrive, Airport Extreme card and base station, iSight and of course 2 years Applecare. I called before purchasing because I work at a college library, and wondered if I was eligible for an education discount, they said I was, which was nice. Funny thing though, when I asked what documents do they need to prove that I am eligible, they said none - they take the customers word for it. *shrugs*

So anyway, I'm just waiting for the loan documents to come to fill in and send back to MBNA to send to Apple. I'll be paying about £80 a month for two years. And thinking about it I should have gone for the 1.2Ghz option. But I don't care because I'm finally leaving the Windows life behind. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!