Prom 2004-Messiahtosh's Experience

Comments

• Reply 61 of 93
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Carol, you are a goddess among us lowly mortal men. I bow down at the feet of your excellent wisdom and advice.

That said, I can also not stress enough that you NOT come on too strong. I once made the mistake of doing that I probably permanently ruined any chance of being with her.

Just to tell you how badly I funked it all up, "E" and I became very good friends in high school and continued that friendship into college. We were the best of friends and even talked about what kind of parents we'd be if we had kids. Well, one day I had this bright idea of a "master plan" for E and me to be together. It went all the way out to a couple years after we would graduate college. I spent an evening with her and told her all about the "master plan."

BAD IDEA!

That totally scared her away from any possibility of the two of us being in a relationship together. I should have taken it easy and just flat out told her how I felt and that I didn't know where things might go from there.

Now in your situation, I wouldn't even tell her how you feel yet. That will come later. For now, just take the advice that we've given and have a good time.
  • Reply 62 of 93
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    It really only took 9 years of looking, four failed relationships, one long term, to come to grips with the reality that women dominate the relationship and the progress it makes. You always suspect it when you are younger; you watch you and your friends drool over the flirtatious girl with the tight shorts and you wonder, why is she any better than the infinitely more friendly less flirtatious tom-girl standing amongst your friends? But still you persist, stupidly, blindly and with no recourse for a course correction mid-stream. Many a virtual love has been ruined this way; many a real love has.

Stop the madness and the world is a better place?
  • Reply 63 of 93
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Girls who play games suck.

Forget her. You'll find a better girl in college. Where are you going?

She's not playing games. If what her friend said is true then it couldn't be more clear == no game playing.
  • Reply 64 of 93
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

She's not playing games. If what her friend said is true then it couldn't be more clear == no game playing.

I agree completely.
  • Reply 65 of 93
    i think the post concerning the games was more directed at Carol's comments about women with their various snares...

(Now, I'll have to admit that there are guys who ensnare women as well.... but I honestly don't know any...)
  • Reply 66 of 93
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

It's an unfortunate fact of the psychology of romance that doubt is romantic. Come on too strong and you will blow it.

What's cool is the strength to make your feelings known whilst being obviously on top of them.

It's a fact also that you can't know how true this is until you're forced to learn it by blowing it. Heh. It's a wonder the human race has lasted so long.

Well, Hassan, you just said in five sentences what it took me a page and a half to more or less communicate.

You are an amazingly astute, perceptive and intuitive person (and a lot of fun as well!). I love reading your posts. And you write SO well.

When you get around to having kids, you should have at least five, to keep those wonderful genes of yours flowing through the gene pool.

I've had the same thought about the human race SO many times - a few even during the course of this thread.
  • Reply 67 of 93
    My heart belongs to BR.

I'm sorry.
  • Reply 68 of 93
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

i think the post concerning the games was more directed at Carol's comments about women with their various snares...

(Now, I'll have to admit that there are guys who ensnare women as well.... but I honestly don't know any...)

AH!
  • Reply 69 of 93
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

My heart belongs to BR.

I'm sorry.

I wasn't 'coming on' to you, Hassan. I was just giving you a lavish and truly meant compliment .

As a teacher, I do this a lot - but only when I really mean it. I think that when a person is impressed with someone's abilities, that person should make those nice thoughts known, instead of keeping them a secret - as so many do.

I too have a soft spot in my heart for BR.
  • Reply 70 of 93
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    I hope it's not too late.

I know you love Apple, Macs, and Steve Jobs Messiahtosh, but really is this the way you want to go out?

Maybe you're not a "this is what I learned" kind of guy, but a rant about Macs and marketshare is not the way to go.

I'm a semi-professional speech writer, so if you would like some ideas, send me a PM.
  • Reply 71 of 93
    Chris, I like your comparison/contrast of Steve and Bill, and the consequent philosophies behind their companies. Many of your classmates may be hearing about this for the first time. It's good for them to have their eyes opened.

Also, I think writing about what is important to you is great. You are speaking from your heart, and that comes across quite clearly.

Good job.
  • Reply 72 of 93
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Yeah, the speech is obviously Apple related, and unapologetically so. It also plays into my mother's ordeal though, and ties the two together, humanizing technology.

Anyway, Kristin and I had our talk today. She brought it up, since I guess she could tell something was on my mind. She told me that even if tom cruise came up to her and asked her out right now she'd still say no. She needs freedom in her life right now, and I can respect that. She she wants to be friends and hang out a lot and throughout college too. She said that I should give her a call sometime in college just to see how things are, and then who knows what could come of that.

Anyway, kind of depressing...

I just really dont want to get into specifics or talk about this right now, it hurts quite a bit. I actually had a nose bleed, though I dont know if it is related or now, lol.

I might do what Carol said, ease the pain by asking some girls to do something...maybe i'll get a few yes's.\
  • Reply 73 of 93
    Depressing, yeah, but at least you know. I say: don't brood and don't entertain false hopes - they're the worst. Stay out of her way for a couple of weeks if you have to, don't make a 'point' of it, do it for your own brain.

A bunch of complete strangers all over the planet are right behind you, if that's any help.
  • Reply 74 of 93
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    ROFLMAO until tears are streaming down my face.

Oh god, I'm sorry 'tosh but you too will be sufficiently ancient to see the funny side of this one day (and I'm laughing at others responses as much as anything).

But just for future reference

Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Anyway, Kristin and I had our talk today. She brought it up, since I guess she could tell something was on my mind.

Diddums, she brought it up because her friend told her everything you said after your little online conversation.

Now, Chester be prepared to be flamed for being a cold, heartless bitch.

This is only the beginning Messiahtosh. Trust me.
  • Reply 75 of 93
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    $10 says he's in her pants before three months are out if he ignores her now and starts hanging out with another cute girl.
  • Reply 76 of 93
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

ROFLMAO until tears are streaming down my face.

Oh god, I'm sorry 'tosh but you too will be sufficiently ancient to see the funny side of this one day (and I'm laughing at others responses as much as anything).

But just for future reference

Diddums, she brought it up because her friend told her everything you said after your little online conversation.

Now, Chester be prepared to be flamed for being a cold, heartless bitch.

This is only the beginning Messiahtosh. Trust me.

you know, i figured the female friend would go behind chris' back....

the moral of the story is that women are not to be trusted unless they are obviously on your side...

you cold, heartless bitch...
  • Reply 77 of 93
    Quote:

you know, i figured the female friend would go behind chris' back....

You can bet the farm on it.

the moral of the story is that women are not to be trusted unless they are obviously on your side...

Exactly. You need to talk? Talk to your male friends or female friends who aren't friends with "The One".

you cold, heartless bitch...

Billybob, I know this is just your way of saying you love me and you want my babies.
  • Reply 78 of 93
    are you some sort of tropical parasite? because, in that case, i may already have had them... (kidding, I think)
  • Reply 79 of 93
    Quote:

are you some sort of tropical parasite? because, in that case, i may already have had them... (kidding, I think)

I'll show you my flagellum if you show me yours......
  • Reply 80 of 93
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    I am hurting like I never thought I would, feeling for her what I never thought I could, I'm missing out on her, she's missing out on me, I'll only be free if she enslaves me.--'tosh