One more Longhorn, - please explain me...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
... why i am instantly disgusted by watching some screenshots of this ... er ... next gen m$ os. By no means this longhorn thing will be a threat to macos X. Never ever.

my 2000 billion cents

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Depends on what you mean by threat. As long as Windows exists, the Mac OS is threatened.

Now as far as Longhorn's design & usability, we'll have to see. If their past ideologies on UI design and standards are any indicator, Mac OS X will still have a superior user experience. It should be around 10.5 or 10.6 when Longhorn ships.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vox Barbara

... why i am instantly disgusted by watching some screenshots of this ... er ... next gen m$ os.

Because you are looking at screenshots which depict only an alpha-version of their UI?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

Because you are looking at screenshots which depict only an alpha-version of their UI?

I wasn't aware that MS ever updated beyond Alpha versions of their UI. I mean, that would explain why it sucks so bad and is a blatant rip off of Apple's OSs.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    concordconcord Posts: 312member
    Quote:

... why i am instantly disgusted by watching some screenshots of this ... er ... next gen m$ os.

Yeah, they're pretty ugly, but as it was pointed out - it is just an alpha version. When XP was in alpha it was far different from what it is now. One advantage Windows has over X however is in configurability (something I hope X rectifies in the future).

Quote:

By no means this longhorn thing will be a threat to macos X. Never ever.

Heh... somehow I think you got that backwards.

Cheers,

C.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Concord

Heh... somehow I think you got that backwards.

C.