Strange iTunes audio problem

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I haven't ruled out the possibility it might be my receiver(Technics SA -DX750) But, this is a very strange problem that wasn't happening on my brothers iBook but is happening on my Powerbook.

The volume of songs that I play is ...for lack of a better word...burping.

it will be loud for a second then really quiet, then louder, then quiet again.

There doesn't seem to be any method to this weirdness, it has never happened before, but it's happening now.

The audio adaptor is firmly plugged in, the volume is up all the way, sound enhancer was on, but I turned it off to see if it'd matter(didn't change anything) Sound check was off, but I turned it on to see if it would change anything(it didn't)

any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I haven't ruled out the possibility it might be my receiver(Technics SA -DX750) But, this is a very strange problem that wasn't happening on my brothers iBook but is happening on my Powerbook.

The volume of songs that I play is ...for lack of a better word...burping.

it will be loud for a second then really quiet, then louder, then quiet again.

There doesn't seem to be any method to this weirdness, it has never happened before, but it's happening now.

The audio adaptor is firmly plugged in, the volume is up all the way, sound enhancer was on, but I turned it off to see if it'd matter(didn't change anything) Sound check was off, but I turned it on to see if it would change anything(it didn't)

any ideas?

Pick up the PB, put it over your shoulder and gently pat its bottom.

I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

Try your receiver with bro's iBook and see if it happens. See if you can eliminate that as a potential issue.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Ya know, it's not happening through my powerbook's speakers, it didn't happen with my brother's iBook through the receiver...I am officially very confused.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    damnit!

I found the source...it IS my headphone jack

that's a bummer, I hope maybe a different cable will work better, but I kind of think that the jack itself might be fucked up a little.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Shitbags Robot. I've been at work. I was wishing an easy solve for you.

Are you still under warranty?