CDDB genre question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
how can we get more genres added to gracenote, for iTunes CDDB? i want to have trip-hop, Drum n Bass, and other genres in general, progressive rock, and the like, how can we get more genres added to the CDDB?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

how can we get more genres added to gracenote, for iTunes CDDB? i want to have trip-hop, Drum n Bass, and other genres in general, progressive rock, and the like, how can we get more genres added to the CDDB?

Civil disobedience.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    The need to choose a pre-existing genre, in order for your submission to be accepted, is the suckiest thing about CDDB.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

The need to choose a pre-existing genre, in order for your submission to be accepted, is the suckiest thing about CDDB.

But if this weren't the case, there would be songs with the categories of Blue, Blues, Blus, Bluz, Bluez, Bloos, etc. Do you really want that mess?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stroszek

But if this weren't the case, there would be songs with the categories of Blue, Blues, Blus, Bluz, Bluez, Bloos, etc. Do you really want that mess?

I sure don't want a mess like that. Maybe a petition-type thing?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    well, i don't mean each submitter adds their own genre, i just want CDDB to add genres to their "library" of genres