13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 57
    opuscroakusopuscroakus Posts: 317member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Still single'ay

Still 12'ay

Have you tried resetting the PRAM or the PMU reset? Did you boot of the Apple HDW test cd and run the tests? I'm just curious.

The battery issue may be something that can be fixed (if you haven't tried yet).
  • Reply 42 of 57
    deunandeunan Posts: 106member
    or maybe use clear nail-polish & apply it to the plugs to all of his electronics---he wouldn't know why anything just stopped working. :P
  • Reply 43 of 57
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Still single'ay

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

And for the record, if anyone gets near my 12" with anything (food, beverage, anything like that) I'll kill them, they won't even have a chance to spill it.
  • Reply 44 of 57
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Repeat as necessary.

• Reply 45 of 57
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

And for the record, if anyone gets near my 12" with anything (food, beverage, anything like that) I'll kill them, they won't even have a chance to spill it.

methinks they'd spill something in the motions between vertical living and horizontal lack-thereof.
  • Reply 46 of 57
    i dunno if i'd wanna be roomies with any of you, but if i were, i'd feel pretty safe w/ my computer pw'd... it's kinda impossible to do any of the things you guys say (well, besides killing, of course) without being able to log on his computer... luckily for me i have software that can do that ... hahaha...
  • Reply 47 of 57
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by deunan

or maybe use clear nail-polish & apply it to the plugs to all of his electronics---he wouldn't know why anything just stopped working. :P

That's *brilliant*. Beats my previous favorite... take a power cord, coaxial data cable, anything with a positive and a negative of sufficient current. Turn off the current (unplug the power cord, turn off the VCR and TV, etc. Push a small pin (straight pins work well) through the insulation, and through the two wires without breaking through the other side. Snip the pin off at the insulation surface. Push it in slightly, so it's now hidden by the insulation.

Wait until they turn everything back on or plug it in.

*FRAMPZ*

The power cord one is pretty dangerous, but the coax one is fun between stereo and tv components. Next time they turn on the system, things start shorting out beautifully.
  • Reply 48 of 57
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    take it to get professionally cleaned out. my dad spilled a bloody mary in his and he was too stupid to get it cleaned properly, surprisingly it worked and he didn't have problems with it for along time, then the moniter went
  • Reply 49 of 57
    Apple has determined that my computer has discovered massive-spill damage. And in turn, they are charging me $1023. The person who spilled water on my computer remains unknown, and I'm left having to pay for this by myself. Unfair, really.

I've decided to write a letter to Apple about my unfortunate incident, in addition to the story of my "Switch" from Windoze. Tell me what you guys think of it.

It'll be in the Post called: Save me, Steve!
  • Reply 50 of 57
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Got caught, eh? That sucks. How many people do you live with that you can't figure out who did it? You just need to ask each of them and someone has to fess up. You shouldn't be left with this bill.
  • Reply 51 of 57
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Has anything changed in the last three days?
  • Reply 52 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by Whisper

Has anything changed in the last three days?

getting it sent back unrepaired :P
  • Reply 53 of 57
    jesperasjesperas Posts: 524member
    Did you buy it with a credit card? If so, you might have purchase protection plan coverage through your card company.
  • Reply 54 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by jesperas

Did you buy it with a credit card? If so, you might have purchase protection plan coverage through your card company.

debit card can't help
  • Reply 55 of 57
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    *Late to the party again!*

As far as your roommates go, "kill them, KILL THEM!"

God will sort them out later...

For one of her last acts of mean-ness(madness?) before the divorce, my ex took a liter of Shasta cola and poured it all over my tricked out 8500, keyboard and monitor. Only the fact that she was a woman saved her from an ass whupping...
  • Reply 56 of 57
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

Only the fact that she was a woman saved her from an ass whupping...

Sexist.