g4+techtv=CRAP

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has anyone watched the new g4techtv(a frankenstein...er...uh Comcast network) the shows all suck and the site is by far the absolute worsed layout and design in the history of the web. and they will be posting the vast archive, but to no avail, there is no way to interface with the god-damned site.

Looks like I will be calling cable monday to ditch digital which I had only because of TSS, sorry Pat and Kev. All of the TSS crew is great but the network is dead and the gamers will infest the screensavers soon enough and thur she blows, TTV will be swallowed and digested by the shark they call Comcast.

The sad part is there is not a goddamed thing that any TSS/TTV fan can do outside of voteing with the remote.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    altivec_2.0altivec_2.0 Posts: 995member
    I agree. I'm not very pleased with G4 merging with tech tv. The new progamming i think is really annoying. The only three shows I watch are TechLive, Call for Help and The screen savers.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    G4 + TechTV = G4

I used to be envious that Comcast did not carry TechTV in my area. I had to watch it at a friend's house and had done so since the days of ZDTV and The Screen Savers with Leo and Kate. What's the point now? They have destroyed everything that made the channel great. Reading through the "FoRVmZ" over at the G4TechTV website is a sad experience. I feel this is an industry trend, like much tv these days, appealing to the least common denominator.

Nothing wrong with playing games but doing nothing but playing games is wrong.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Did they do farewell episodes for Call for Help and The Screen Savers? If so does anyone know the air dates or if anyone happened to do a capture of these? Thanks!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

Did they do farewell episodes for Call for Help and The Screen Savers? If so does anyone know the air dates or if anyone happened to do a capture of these? Thanks!

The Screen Savers isn't going away, it's part of G4techTV after the merger. They did have a farewell show for Call for Help, nothing spectacular, just some thanks and acknowlegements all around, especially to those working behind the scenes. I didn't see anyone with tears though.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    It's terrible how many game related shows there are on the new G4techTV after the merger. I like games, but I don't need to see the huge amount of game-related programming the new network is cranking out. I like the Icons show, that is interesting, but shows like G4TV.com and Cinematech are just plain stupid. Getting rid of Call for Help was also a big mistake, I hope they are forced to change their minds on that one.

My guess is the ratings for the new network will go down substantially with the overload on the game programming.