New G5s soon? 7-10 day wait on orders!

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 60
    brunobruinbrunobruin Posts: 552member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarkyD

Powermac speed bumps. All dual. 2.2, 2.4 and 2.6ghz.

I hope you're right. I'll be ordering two midrange models as tricked out as I can get for around $2,500 each. I'll be perfectly happy with a dual-2.4, hopefully with a 128MB GPU!
  • Reply 42 of 60
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Now Croquer strike again and pretend the new Power Macs will appear this Monday or Tuesday.

Very interesting, now AI sources too say that the Power Mac line will be updated tomorrow. Hmm, let's see...
  • Reply 43 of 60
    Aaaaaalright, now ThinkSecret joins the party. May I say ***CONFIRMED*** ? However, I will be waiting until tomorrow before give kudos to Croquer for this rumor.
  • Reply 44 of 60
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Aaaaaalright, now ThinkSecret joins the party. May I say ***CONFIRMED*** ? However, I will be waiting until tomorrow before give kudos to Croquer for this rumor.

Just a note, TS posted it first.
  • Reply 45 of 60
    burnsraburnsra Posts: 6member
    If the bump does happen tomorrow...when will they be available? I just purchased a dula1.8 on the 17th of last month...and have 30 days to return. Please let me know so that I can plan accordingly. Thanks in advance.
  • Reply 46 of 60
    markydmarkyd Posts: 15member
    Look who called it before AppleInsider? Yours Truly.
  • Reply 47 of 60
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burnsra

If the bump does happen tomorrow...when will they be available? I just purchased a dula1.8 on the 17th of last month...and have 30 days to return. Please let me know so that I can plan accordingly. Thanks in advance.

Press release-type upgrades like this are almost always available immediately. And there are reports that the boxes are already in the stores. Anyway, you'll find out in a few hours.
  • Reply 48 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by oldmacfan

Just a note, TS posted it first.

How TS posted it first, when TS was on June 7, and Croquer on June 5?
  • Reply 49 of 60
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Well, its almost 7:30am CDT and the Apple store is still up.

Looks like no PM's this week.
  • Reply 50 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

Well, its almost 7:30am CDT and the Apple store is still up.

Looks like no PM's this week.

Patience my friend, patience . If finally they don't show up as predicted by everyone, then I would say Apple is playing some game here.

EDIT: and TS has an update on the graphics chips of the new Power Macs.
  • Reply 51 of 60
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Not impressed one bit with the graphics chips.
  • Reply 52 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

Not impressed one bit with the graphics chips.

Hehe, not surprising. Did you notice by the way the changes in the predicted configurations of the upcoming Power Macs?
  • Reply 53 of 60
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    No new PowerMac G5's today, it looks. I guess they're a few days away yet.
  • Reply 54 of 60
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Tomorrow:

Mark my words. Laugh now...

Hahaha.

Sorry, somebody had to do it...

CV
  • Reply 55 of 60
    To return to the original thread title.... if you spec a dual 2.0 GHz now it says 7-10 days. Fine. We presume this is because of the CPU updates RSN.

But, if you specify the top range ATi 9800 Pro video card option, the estimated shipping time goes up even further, to 3-4 weeks!!! Now, what is that about?

Maybe the top end PowerMac will be replaced soon but the top end video option doesn't seem to. Either 9800 Pros are in short supply or something very new is coming down the pipe in the video card side in around a month's time.

GXP
  • Reply 56 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by GregoriusPalitanae

But, if you specify the top range ATi 9800 Pro video card option, the estimated shipping time goes up even further, to 3-4 weeks!!! Now, what is that about?

Maybe the top end PowerMac will be replaced soon but the top end video option doesn't seem to. Either 9800 Pros are in short supply or something very new is coming down the pipe in the video card side in around a month's time.

From what you say, it seems to me like a 9800 Pro supply issue.
  • Reply 57 of 60
    markydmarkyd Posts: 15member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

Hahaha.

Sorry, somebody had to do it...

CV

Haha, I guess I deserved that.
  • Reply 58 of 60
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Haha, I guess I deserved that.

Nice try, though. I'm still hoping you were only off by a day...

CV
  • Reply 59 of 60
    manjimanji Posts: 5member
    I dunno... Something makes me think Apple is playing a game with the rumor sites. Last year Apple was very proud that they scammed all the rumor sites. I bet the 2.5 (or 2.6GHz) G5 rumors are fake. Without breaking out the KY and rubber gloves I'm going to guess that Apple has reached the 3 GHz barrier and I would not be too surprised if the new G5 was a 3.5GHz model.
  • Reply 60 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

I don't know if this rumor has any truth, but it is in agreement with the perception that Apple wouldn't keep the 3 GHz promise. I am afraid it is more than just a perception.

I was unfortunately right on this one. And it seems that, although Croquer posted first the rumor for this Power Mac update, the only one having real sources is TS.