iPod mini orders

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Everybody knows that iPod mini's are backlogged and my order was one of those. A few days ago I got an e-mail from Apple saying my order would be delayed even more and they gave me the option of getting the 15 GB iPod for the same price as the mini. I went for it but I thought it was interesting that they did that. Kinda of cool.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    They have been making this offer for over a month now to cusstomers when shipments are delayed on the mini.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    so essentially, if i want to buy the 15gb model i should order the mini and save $50?

digital hub, maybe?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

so essentially, if i want to buy the 15gb model i should order the mini and save $50?

digital hub, maybe?

You can't expect to order a mini and get this email. You could be waiting for months intill you will get that email. I would just say buy the 15 GB and don't cheat apple out of their rightful money from you.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

You can't expect to order a mini and get this email. You could be waiting for months intill you will get that email. I would just say buy the 15 GB and don't cheat apple out of their rightful money from you.

It's true. I only got the e-mail because my ship date came and went without them sending me my iPod.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Those things still aren't shipping? Apple has some serious problems.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    When I ordered one for my mom the other day the estimated shipping time was 4 weeks.

I'd say they're still struggling.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I guess this means that my pink mini is even cooler now than it was when I bought it a few months ago.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I knew I forgot something.

Off to Digital Hub we go.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    reidreid Posts: 190member
    Before ordering one with a 4-week wait, it might be worth your time to swing by an Apple Store location if you've got one. The Mall of America store had a pile of a dozen or so minis when I was there last weekend. A smarter version of me would have bought a couple to list on eBay.