Religion: Why the US hates the EU

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I'M not sure you can support the statement that the US hates the EU.

I think your probably right, I think I made a poor choice of title. Perhaps a mod could change it,

"Christianities prophetic view of the European Union" perhaps
  • Reply 22 of 30
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

\\Do Americans think that the EU is the reformation of the Roman Empire from which the AntiChrist will Arrive?

I would generally say no. I agree with Groverat that most folks in the US probably have no idea what the EU is.

I suspect that for those Americans who believe in it, "one world government" that the fundamentalists see as the beginning of the end is the UN.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Proof beyond doubt that you do not know what this religion is. Anyhow, I am not a member, I just agree 99% with the philophacy.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/satanis1.htm

Actually, I read the same blurb earlier.

In a way, it is worshipping Satan, in the sense that you adhere to a philosophy that pays no respect to ideals that are beyond human comprehension. I don't care to get into that, but even so I don't understand why you'd want to label yourselves as Satanists if you don't necessarily believe that Satan exists.

In a strange way, the little information I read about your religion reminded me of the current state of western politics, at least in America.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    quaremquarem Posts: 254member
    What is interesting to me is why the European Union chose what appear to be Biblically significant symbols. Any ideas or comments about why they would do this? Do you think they knew about the parallels people would draw to what is in the Bible with the symbols (like the woman riding the bull, or the 12 starred flag)? Is this just some big coincidence? Are people shaping the actual state of the EU to fit within the context of Biblical prophecy?
  • Reply 25 of 30
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

"Christianities prophetic view of the European Union" perhaps

No, that wouldn't work either.

How about, "I don't know much about American fundamentalist Christians, but I know what I think would be funny!"
  • Reply 26 of 30
    The irony is that fundamentalist Christians don't see that we are members of the primate family when, in my view, it is painfully obvious that we really haven't gotten all that much smarted than our furry cousins. I bet bet most Americans doen't even know where the EU is on the globe. Unfortuneatly, the few with a little bit of clue and a lot of greed and desire for power probably have thought about how to bend the whole EU movement to their benefit.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    kirklandkirkland Posts: 594member
    Quote:

and something truely unbelievable

http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=666

Please tell me that no one takes that bigot Paisley all that seriously... the man is way off his rocker.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    It reminds the dispute between Bramanti and Pierre:

Quote:

?Gentlemen, that?s enough,? Agliè said politely but firmly ?Now listen to me. You know how highly I value, on a cognitive level, these re-examinations of obsolete rituals, and for me the Luciferine Chruch and the Order of Satan are equally to be respected above and beyond their demonological differences. You know my scepticism in this matter. But in the end, we all belong to the same spiritual knighthood, and I urge you to show a minimum of solidarity.?

Umberto Eco, Foucault?s Pendulum, Milan, Bompiani, 1988, Gevurah, 46.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    Quote:

This is what I really dont understand. Surely they would pray for the prophecy's to come true. Unless, for all their conviction and arrogance, they really aren't actually 100% committed to the fact that they have been saved, because they do actually doubt their saviour.

Christianity is not the same anymore as it was when Jesus, God's prophet, preached it.

The first false belief came up when people thought that Jesus was crucified, then died, then became alive again, and then rised up to God.

In the Quran another story is told: Jesus was betrayed by someone, the romans searched then for Jesus, and found someone who looked like Jesus, but was not him, and crucified the wrong guy, and then after talking with his mother, God rised him up to himself.

The next big change in the christian belief came up when they started to think of Jesus as the son of God, rather than his prophet, and then in order to somehow harmonise it with the monotheistic concept of christianity, a concept of the trinity was developed, in which Jesus was the son of God, God was the father of Jesus, and the holy ghost was the one who executed the instructions of God, and eventhough they were three entities, they were still one and the same, just three variations of the same, one could perhaps say.

Later on even the mother of Jesus became some sort of godly entity, who should have influence upon God, when it comes to decide who comes into paradise and who comes into hell..

Personally I think that the groundwork for all these falsifications and more was laid down when a roman emperor decided to make christianity to his empire-religion, and with the years concepts of the greek religions and egyptian religions were imported and made part of christianity in order to make it easier for the greek and egyptians to overtake the christian religion...

Nightcrawler