3 Things You Want Added to Each Product Line

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

are you sure?

I really don't think that is the case... I remember originally it was but I know people have been capturing to firewire hard drives with DV cameras on the powerbook</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah this should be possible, but only with "powered" f/w hard drives... (IE needs AC power)
  • Reply 42 of 44
    [quote]Originally posted by Belle:

<strong>

You need two ports if you're capturing DV footage straight to a FireWire HD. Given that Apple pushes the PowerBook as a portable editing machine, I can see the extra port would make sense.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Given that DV cameras are S100 devices (i.e. 100Mb/s) I don't see why you'd need another port (especially since in most cases, that other port would in the end just be connected to the same controller chip anyway).

Bye,

RazzFazz
  • Reply 43 of 44
    [quote]Originally posted by Paul:

<strong>

yeah this should be possible, but only with "powered" f/w hard drives... (IE needs AC power)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why? DV cams don't draw power from the firewire bus (they usually use the 4-pin connector).

Bye,

RazzFazz
  • Reply 44 of 44
    Trying not to repeat to much what others said

PowerMac: add video in/out options and 4.1/5.1 sound support separate from the video card (something like it was in the old 8600 or beige G3's). Bring back the interior layout like the AGP PowerMac's.

Xserve: get the ### Xserve RAID out. put a backup powersupply (hot swappable) in both. make the RAID one support SCSI. Get a CPU only version (one small HD a DVD, LOT of RAM and 8+ CPU's).

Xserve+PowerMac: get Quad versions out

iMac: get a 19" version

bring back the G4 Cube at a lower cost (i would buy one right away)

btw I want an Palm like device from Apple!!!!!!