What is your BMI?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

I managed to get 3million 7 hundred and 9 thousand 5 hundred and 28 . . .

I guess I must be doing something wrong.

looks like somebody forgot a couple parentheses. back to 3rd grade for you j/k

mine's 20.1

edit: look at the poll results! we're all skinny computer geeks who sit in the basement all day!
  • Reply 22 of 52
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    6 feet 3

182 lbs

Have taken on 15 lbs since new year and I can´t even see where they went.
  • Reply 23 of 52
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    17.63 i'm a runner, still, i'm young, so it'll change once i hit college
  • Reply 24 of 52
    rara Posts: 623member
    BMI is a load of crap because it doesn't factor in body fat. Just because someone's BMI says they're "overweight" doesn't mean they're obese or unhealthy. According to BMI, all bodybuilders and a lot of professional athletes are "overweight."
  • Reply 25 of 52
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

195 * ,45359 = 88,45

6 feets equal : 1,83 (one feet : ,305 meter). Remember each centimeter is important

Never got that weight/mass conversion stuck in my brain. I'm all about measurements though. I just rounded so I wouldn't look so pedantic. I am just short of being perfectly Modulor, which luckily doesn't measure a person's width.
  • Reply 26 of 52
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ra

BMI is a load of crap because it doesn't factor in body fat. Just because someone's BMI says they're "overweight" doesn't mean they're obese or unhealthy. According to BMI, all bodybuilders and a lot of professional athletes are "overweight."

Yea, but I wonder how many bodybuilders are here. Anyone a bodybuilder? Anyone? Anyone?
  • Reply 27 of 52
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    6 feet 2 inches

182 pounds

BMI = 23.4

Fellows
  • Reply 28 of 52
    I sweat bacon grease......
  • Reply 29 of 52
    staphbabystaphbaby Posts: 353member

178cm / (65^2)

This is the most I've ever weighed... I used to run and cycle a fair bit, but I've had too little time recently... I've got tonnes of spare time this holidays, so I'll probably try to get off my arse and get back down to 60?2, which is the weight I'm most comfortable with (no squishy bits, but not skeletal either).

I suppose I should lay off the beer too.
  • Reply 30 of 52
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

Yea, but I wonder how many bodybuilders are here. Anyone a bodybuilder? Anyone? Anyone?

I am. As of now, I'm still the lone vote in the 30-34.9 catagory. I tip the scale at around 220 @ 69". My body fat is usually in the low teens (I try to keep my weight at 210'ish) which correlates to a very athletic person. I still have a couple of extra pound due to a back injury so my body fat is approaching 20% which is about average for most men.

I remember a couple of years ago when Evander Holyfield was dubbed as overweight because his BMI was in the 40's. BTW his body fat is(or was) closer to 6% which is not too obese.

BMI's a joke in my opinion because it doesn't account for build.
  • Reply 31 of 52
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

I can still see my penis when I pee, I'm cool.

Does that emphasize the length of your penis, or your manly physique? Or both?
  • Reply 32 of 52
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    My BMI is 14.6.

(That's 75 pounds, and a height of 5')

I live in Somalia.
  • Reply 33 of 52
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    WOWSERS!!!

5'10" + 210lbs. = 30.1 BMI

I don't think this formula takes into account someone like me. Way too generalized...
  • Reply 34 of 52
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

5'6 @ 114lb makes me 18.2

18.2 what ?!

18.2 Body Mass Index Units.

I guess I fluctuate between 20.0 and 20.8 now that I haven't played competitive sports for 5 years. Coming out of high school I was in the 18.x range though.
  • Reply 35 of 52
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Exactly this is retarded, I'm a body builder too, I am starting to work out a lot. How can you measure muscle? To determine if you're in shape I'd say just see if you have a waist larger than like 34 or 38 max, if so, then you need to eat less/better and exercise more.
  • Reply 36 of 52
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Six feet, but I haven't weighed myself in a while... probably a little over 150 pounds.

That puts me in the 20?21 range.
  • Reply 37 of 52
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

My BMI is 14.6.

(That's 75 pounds, and a height of 5')

I live in Somalia.

No, you're just victim to the fact that volume/mass increases at a cubed rate and surface area at a squared rate.

I was about 5' 80lbs. . . though that was still pretty skinny, it wasn't worse than when I was 5'11" 120, for which the BMI is 16.75
  • Reply 38 of 52
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

WOWSERS!!!

5'10" + 210lbs. = 30.1 BMI

I don't think this formula takes into account someone like me. Way too generalized...

We have the exact same height and weight!?!

Pretty interesting.

So according to that calculator my BMI is 30.1 as well. Of course you do have to read this part of the calculator.

Quote:

* It may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build.

* It may underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle mass.

If someone doesn't have a regular or lean build this thing becomes nonsense. I rememeber them using it in high school and it proclaiming everyone on the football team pretty much overweight (myself included) when I was the skinniest and scrawniest lineman on the team at a massive 180 lbs.

It should have you add some more variables like waist and chest size for example. Then it might get a better idea about your build.

Nick
  • Reply 39 of 52
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    ^Good point...

I keep myself in tip-top condition. I'm not a body builder per se, however, for an old fart, I have good solid muscle mass.
  • Reply 40 of 52
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

We have the exact same height and weight!?!

Pretty interesting.

So according to that calculator my BMI is 30.1 as well. Of course you do have to read this part of the calculator.

If someone doesn't have a regular or lean build this thing becomes nonsense. I rememeber them using it in high school and it proclaiming everyone on the football team pretty much overweight (myself included) when I was the skinniest and scrawniest lineman on the team at a massive 180 lbs.

It should have you add some more variables like waist and chest size for example. Then it might get a better idea about your build.

Nick

In the Navy we used a system similar to BMI to decide if a sailor was overweight. Height/weight correlated to some % body fat (loosely). Those that exceeded the % body fat 'meausrement' got the o'l rope-n-choke which boiled down to a ratio of neck size to waiste size. We got weighed ever 6 months and not once did I come in with a low enough % body fat by the scale method. I'm biased against any system that doesn't take build into account. Heck, I knew a guy who was obese by all standards but ran long distances on a regular basis. He wasn't the fastest person but he could run for miles without a problem.

I realize BMI is supposed to be used by the consumer as a simple method to determine one's level of 'health' with the minimal measuring equipment but its usefulness seems to limited. The real downside is the system doesn't account for the true physical health of each individual...