iMac G4? Powermac G5?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by Daver:

<strong>Mandricard, those SpyMac pictures already made the rounds here a few days ago. They weren't very popular, to say the least.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Point well taken, though I didn't mean to say they were good-looking, just that they seemed more feasible for the price point. having all the components stuffed behind the monitor seems like it would require too many custom parts (or powerbook parts) to keep the price where it needs to be, given the size of that LCD.

Mandricard

AppleOutsider
  • Reply 22 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by Mandricard:

<strong>

Point well taken, though I didn't mean to say they were good-looking, just that they seemed more feasible for the price point. having all the components stuffed behind the monitor seems like it would require too many custom parts (or powerbook parts) to keep the price where it needs to be, given the size of that LCD.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmm. I feel like the iMac wouldn't be the iMac unless it were all in one. The point is to eliminate having to plug twenty different things in. I think if they can do a G4 laptop they can do a G4 iMac without needing a full-time fan. Mind you, the tiBook does get quite hot, but they could probably cool it much better in a desktop machine since it doesn't need to be as thin...

hmm....