aww hell... Is there a way to Undelete a file

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I emptied my trash and there was two files in there I should've kept anyone have any suggestions? They were rather large DV files too...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

I emptied my trash and there was two files in there I should've kept anyone have any suggestions? They were rather large DV files too...

Make sure before you copy anything else to the hard drive you use data rescue X. This software is pretty amazing. I lost almost 500GB once off a raid, well actually it was formated and it was a raid 5, never the less the raid was saved with this software. Well worth the investment especially if the files you do are your work.

Hope this helps

P.S. I believe there is a trial verison of the software and it will show yout he files and can get for you. You will be surprised at some of the files that it shows you would never expect it cause you will think that file was gone for ever.

DD
  • Reply 2 of 4
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

This is on my wish-list for the next os update so far. I like to see a cmd, which is able to rescue recently deleted files, though.

Nice to hear that i am not alone

(I guess this post is not supposed to help you anyway)

best
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    I ended up recapturing the footage and doing some work over. I had backups just 2 movies I was missing. That software sounds awesome btw. thanks for the help.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    Quote:

I ended up recapturing the footage and doing some work over. I had backups just 2 movies I was missing. That software sounds awesome btw. thanks for the help.

No Prob. Like I said especially if your doing work week to week or contract and you work long hours, sometimes you get tired or just go brain dead...

Anyways this software sure can save your but sometimes if you make a mistake.

DD