What are the cool features of Panther?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm going to be installing Panther today as soon as the Fedex truck stops by, and I wanted to know all the cool features. I know there is the cool thing when you switch users, how do you that? And when you change between programs, but how? As well as looking at all windows at once is that useful on a 12in screen? And how do you do it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    There are some good introductory books on Panther which can explain more things in detail than any website. Check out www.macdevcenter.com and browse over to O'Reilly bookstore.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by millsdude

I'm going to be installing Panther today as soon as the Fedex truck stops by, and I wanted to know all the cool features. I know there is the cool thing when you switch users, how do you that? And when you change between programs, but how? As well as looking at all windows at once is that useful on a 12in screen? And how do you do it?

Thanks.

just go and explore I think it doesn't make sense to give infos about user experiences remotely. Take your time, - you will experience the coolness of panther
  • Reply 3 of 4
    The little pamphlet that comes in the retail box of Panther explains each of those features.

...and yes, they work fine on a 12" screen (although user switching won't be animated, as I assume that 12" screen includes an older G3.)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot

... (although user switching won't be animated, as I assume that 12" screen includes an older G3.)

i always like to be surprised

IF my 12" screen pb G4 1ghz includes an older G3, THAN my brain looks like a spoiled b...b....b.....bug.

Seriously, fast user switching is gorgeous on a 12"er. Thanks to quartz extreme