iPod time zones

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I was lucky enough to win a 15GB iPod in a Pepsi competition here in Australia (very first entry, too -- too bad I haven't had any luck since).

Anyway, I have it set up and working well, but I can't set my time zone. At least, I have no idea how.

I live in Adelaide, South Australia which is out of sync with most time zones. I can't find it in the list, nor do I know of any other locations which have the same time zone. My iBook preferences had the correct time zone available.

Is there a way to set the time zone by reference to GMT (i.e. +9.30 hrs) rather than obscure location names I don't recognize and/or know the time zone for?

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I don't believe there is a way to set the time zone other than selecting one of the cities from the list. Living in India, I have the same problem as you, since India is GMT +5.5 hours. And don't forget Nepal, which is GMT +5.75 hours. Neither of these countries is represented by the cities listed in the iPod menu.

I've emailed Apple some time ago about this, but they've done nothing so far.

Besides, the iPod syncs off your computer's time, so my iPod is always set to New Delhi time, even though it thinks it's in Karachi.