My computer just started talking to me...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Here I am, just checking my email on my 17' 1Ghz PB running 10.3.4 using Safari and Stickies and my PB asks me, "what would you like to say, just type it, blah blah blah." Where did this come from? It was not Vicki, who I have chosen as my voice in Speech. weird. This is the second time.

_thedustin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mslifkinmslifkin Posts: 66member
    Hi,

I just got the same thing. It's from a banner ad for SitePal at the bottom of the AppleInsider page. Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with your Powerbook!

Regards,

Marc
  • Reply 2 of 4
    thedustinthedustin Posts: 176member
    Thanks man, it scared me more than anything.

_thedustin
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

Here I am, just checking my email on my 17' 1Ghz PB running 10.3.4 using Safari and Stickies and my PB asks me, "what would you like to say, just type it, blah blah blah." Where did this come from? It was not Vicki, who I have chosen as my voice in Speech. weird. This is the second time.

_thedustin

ssh root@thedustinsPowerBook

password: ?????

say what would you like to say, just type it, blah blah blah

exit
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

_thedustin

That ad freaked me out too. I like Vicki as a speech voice, too - I wonder if Apple thinks Vicki makes a good default voice as well? Vicki appears to be the default on Mac OS X 10.3.