4G iPods, when?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My birthday is coming up at the end of the month, and I want an iPod. I have never owned one, but the time has come to get one. Are the 4G's eminent or should I go ahead and order?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

My birthday is coming up at the end of the month, and I want an iPod. I have never owned one, but the time has come to get one. Are the 4G's eminent or should I go ahead and order?

if you want it, get it. i think it will be september until we see new ipods. If anyone tells you otherwise, ignore them (regarding the release date). It makes no sense for apple as a business to release a new ipod before iPod minis are out the door.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I've been holding off buying an iPod for about 4 months now. It's killing me. I would have long bought a 3rd Gen, but I just really don't very much like the touch buttons, and I'm hoping they are replaced by the mini's layout on the next gen.

When do you guys think the 4G's will be in stores? (versus just their announcment)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    f1turbof1turbo Posts: 257member
    Only rumor I've heard is increase in capacity to 60 GB, probably in Sep or Oct--not a totally new iPod. Toshiba announced 60 GB drive in June. I'll upgrade then.