Shipping & Apple Care @ Apple.com

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi AppleInsiders,

Do you guys and gals usually go with the ground shipping at Apple.com, or do you get the upgraded 2-3 day. It says $15 for the expedited, but if I get other items with the notebook, is it all covered under the $15 extra? $15 isn't that much extra to get a $2000 order quicker. Is it actually quicker? How fast is your experience with "same-day available" notebooks under the 2-3 day shipping?

Finally, does Apple allow you to purchase the Apple Care Protection at a future date? How long do they give you to purchase it, and does the price go up from the initial offering price?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    i think regular shipping is fine--unless you're in a real rush--a day or so doesn't matter in the long run.

You have until your original warantee runs out to get applecare--that is one year or if you need the support, I guess you had do it during the 3 month period--but otherwise you can wait for close to the one year expiration.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I recently pruchased an Ibook--I ordered it on a Sat and received the next Wednesday with regular shipping--I had added on memory, a larger hard drive, and airport--that was pretty fast considering it came from Taiwan.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    Just an FYI, AppleCare covers you for three years from the date of purchase, not three years from when you order it.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammick

I recently pruchased an Ibook--I ordered it on a Sat and received the next Wednesday with regular shipping--I had added on memory, a larger hard drive, and airport--that was pretty fast considering it came from Taiwan.

It sounds like when it comes across the pacific the shipping is 2 day no matter what.

What if I get the powerbook, I do not need to customize the powerbook like I would need to customize the ibook. Do pre-configured Powerbooks/ibooks not ship from Asia? I figure if something ships from the U.S. it might actually take longer than the BTO machines shipping 2-day from Asia.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I don't know for sure, but my guess is that they all come from Asia.