12" iBook vs. 14" iBook... how bad is that screen?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I can't decided which iBook I want - I've heard the 14" screen isn't as good as the 12", but then people have been telling me that 12" is too small. There are no iBooks in my area, so I can't even look at them!

Is the 14" screen that much worse than the 12"?

Cheers,

Jonathan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by hailing

I can't decided which iBook I want - I've heard the 14" screen isn't as good as the 12", but then people have been telling me that 12" is too small. There are no iBooks in my area, so I can't even look at them!

Is the 14" screen that much worse than the 12"?

Cheers,

Jonathan

I have a 14 and its fine.. it all depends on your eyes. The resolution is the same for both machines, so basically everything on the 12 will be smaller than on the 14, if your eyes are fine, or dont get tired easy, get 12, if you want things a little bigger and easier to see, then get the 14

• Reply 2 of 5
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    I don't find the 12-inch screen to be very good. My Dell (don't laugh) notebook's 15 inch screen is absolutely beautiful. My ibook's screen is not up to that level, but you get used to it.

If you want a notebook as small as possible, get the 12 inch. However, if you don't mind a little bigger machine, get the 15 inch. JMHO
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    I had the same decision to make and I chose the 12" since I plan to travel with it and I wanted the portability--so it depends on wether or not you are going to move around a lot with it or use it mostly in one or two locations.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I am a big fan of the 12" PB. I had a 12" iBook before that. My brother has the 14 iBook and personally I don't like that screen.

You can always make text bigger on the screen if you want to.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    the 12 inch is actually just fine for everything except non-iMovie editing.