Please help!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey everyone,

Ok, so I need some advice. I have a PowerMac G4, and about 2 months ago I spilled water onto my keyboard. I took the keyboard off the system and let it dry out for a few days. When I finally plugged it back in even saying it worked sporadically would be giving it too much credit. So I sucked it up and bought a new Apple Pro Keyboard. Now this worked fine, up until a couple days ago. At times it either stopped responding, or it kept displaying a '+' sign, even though I wasn't pressing any keys. If I hit the space bar, the volume would turn all the way down. When this would happen I would unplug the keyboard and press all the keys, thinking one might have just been stuck. That normally seemed to clear up the problem. That is until tonight. Now it won't really work at all.

So I guess my question is, did spilling water on my keyboard mess up my computer? Did I mess up some internal I/O stuff? Could it just be coincidence that I got a defective keyboard? I don't know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Also, the mouse works fine, and I don't have any trouble at all with that. This doesn't make sense to me, but I thought I would ask, could it be software related? Maybe a new install of OS X is what I need. I dunno. Any ideas?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Ok, so I just tried my keyboard out on my PowerBook and same thing, I am getting '+' signs anytime I try to type or do anything, so it has to be the keyboard. Guess I'll be taking that back tomorrow. Thanks anyway guys.

Brian
  • Reply 3 of 3
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DCmac32

... Thanks anyway guys.

Brian

Er... you're welcome