Mailing labels from Address book

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I was looking at the different ways you could make mailing labels from Address Book and had a few questions:

Is there a way to set the name to show first name last name without fooling around with the view in address book?

Are there any more explanations online on the different things you can do when printing labels from Address book?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Also, is there a way to view all email addresses in Address book? Or in that case, view more info from the main screen?

and is there a way to view what groups a contact is in from their card?

Will Apple add more features in address book in the near future?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Mailing labels is easy, just choose Print, and pick the label style that matches the labels you have.

Hold down option to and AddressBook will highlight the group(s) that the selected card is in.

Preferences > General > Display Order: Frist Name Last Name
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Is there any way to get nicknames in the labels instead of first name last name? e.g. instead of joe shmo I want to put 'The Shmo Family'
  • Reply 4 of 6
    You can easily turn on nicknames in Preferences > Templates > Add Field > Nickname. If you do not supply a real name, then the nickname will be the name that that entry is listed under.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    What if I had both fields filled? Is there a way to put whatever field you want on the label?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    The only options for the list display are the company check box and first/last or last/first. Other than that, AddressBook takes whatever is filled in, in the order shown, from the first section of the fields and uses that as the list name. I don't see a problem, as I never use the list to lookup names, except on my iPod, I just type a few characters in the search field and whatever I am looking for comes up. It doesn't matter where the characters are in the the entry.