iLife '05

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    geobegeobe Posts: 235member
    iMovie:

1) Create a iMovie Movie Store just like iTunes Music Store. Have it integrated right in with the rest of the application.

2) Create better iMovie templates for .Mac. The current ones are stale.

iTunes:

1) Faster burning of CD's.

2) Longer Pepsi Promotion

3)

iPhoto:

1) LOWER THE PRICE FOR BUYING PICTURES!!!

2) Import capability for the movies taken with digital cameras. If not here, make it super easy for iMovie.

iDVD:

1) More Templates: port over templates from DVD SP 2.

2) Support all combo drives, this is hardware based, but dvd-r is not the only format.

3)

Garageband:

1) just include JamPack. Buying that seperately is just too much. Make it easy.

New iLife Components:

iTV: Connects to and works with DVR. Allows easy programming for recording. Also allows you to log in and watch your programs over the web or over LAN. Since we are now paying for iLife, with this software Apple and your DVR provider would share some of the revenue and therefor you don't have to pay as much of the DVR's providers monthly charge as one would normally.

iPhone: Allows you to manage your phone and answering machine. Recieves calls and records, similar to the very old Apple Phone Software from 1996. These software combined with a Class 1 or Class 2 Bluetooth ear piece would be highly used feature. Add a remote login and management feature for getting messages from t
  • Reply 22 of 29
    I have no idea where iLife is headed though I think Apple will surprise us.

TBH they surprised me with the inclusion of GB, I mean it doesn't really fit into the digital lifestyle thing the same way that iT and iP do (and iM and iD combined).

I do like the idea of an iDVR type app though doubt it will happen. They'll probably stick with the current lineup until our phat pipes are phat enough to download entire movies in mpeg2 in a decent time
  • Reply 23 of 29
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Doesn't GB limit you to recording two tracks? I don't know ..the iLife page isn't clear only mentioning a "few" tracks. I bet GB 2.0 can do up to 8 tracks or something like that. I'd like iMovie to support Core Midi too using built in Core Audio synths.

You can only record 1 track at a time in GB, but you can use as many tracks as your CPU can handle. The most complex stuff I've done have had 10-12 tracks in them, some were recorded and some were MIDI.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by reg

I would like to see more functions in iPhoto. Simple cropping, adjusting image size and changing of image type. I have not even gotten close to using most functions in iMovie and it still does everything that I want it to do. Otherwise I am very happy with what they have right now.

reg

Umm, am I misunderstanding you? Because iPhot can crop, adjust image size, and export in different formats.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    regreg Posts: 832member
    My bad. I alway open photoshop to do anything with photos. I had not even looked in export to make the changes. I'll have to play with it to see how I like it.

reg
  • Reply 26 of 29
    On iDVD:

1 - Support 16:9 format

2 - More Templates

3 - Support Dual Layer DVD-R

• Reply 27 of 29
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geobe

iMovie:

1) Create a iMovie Movie Store just like iTunes Music Store. Have it integrated right in with the rest of the application.

NO. iTunes is a music management app, iMovie is an editing app, doing what you sugest would be like moveing the music store to GB, it is a silly notion, now a new app, say a QT window with sidebars and a retractable web interface would be great. Call it iFlix or iFilm or iCinema.

iMovie and GB are the red-headed step children of iLife, they are the only creation apps, the rest of the suite is about content management.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    I agree about not including a movie store similar to iTMS in iMovie. It would just confuse consumers. Apple would be integrating too many different tasks into one program. This is how applications become bloated and buggy.

iMovie is not like iTunes. iTunes is for music management while iMovie is for creating and editing your own movies. If Apple wanted to make iLife include the ability to manage your movies (home, bought from an online store, downloaded) it should create a new iLife app. Maybe call it iClip or iTheatre?

The idea of this iLife app would be similar to iTunes. Except it would manage your movie collection instead of your music collection. It could even be similar to this app...

http://www.waterfallsw.com/products/ivideo/

Mike
  • Reply 29 of 29
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Why not have an app that would let me compress and store movies from my dvd collection and watch them on my big cinima display or a laptop on the road...and dont give me the MPAA bullshit, CD ripping==pressedent.