New AirPort Base Station? The standard should I buy now...

tkntkn
Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I know that Apple recently dropped the lower Base Station, but I have to wonder with the new Airport Express if there will be a new Base Station soon as well. Maybe with the much desired video or interface capabilities for audio. I'm thinking about buying a base station to replace my Netgear wireless router which doesn't seem to have much range, but I am hesitant because of the chances for a new Airport Base Station. Anyone think one is due soon?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TKN

I know that Apple recently dropped the lower Base Station, but I have to wonder with the new Airport Express if there will be a new Base Station soon as well. Maybe with the much desired video or interface capabilities for audio. I'm thinking about buying a base station to replace my Netgear wireless router which doesn't seem to have much range, but I am hesitant because of the chances for a new Airport Base Station. Anyone think one is due soon?

Check out Apple's Hot Buys page or whatever......Airport Express stations are being discounted. Could be. When? ???
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    I'm in the same situation, wanting to buy a new wireless router but curious if another update is on the way of course.

My NetGear MR314 has never worked properly, constantly loosing my ISPs DNS for some reason. It's a known problem on a few message boards but NetGear refuses to acknowledge. Solution, whenever i can no longer communicate with the internet I need to power cycle my DSL modem to get the router to log back on and find the DNS server.

Needless to say, I'm going to buy an Apple product rather than NetGear.

With airtunes, my plan is to run my land line to my home theater rack. It'll run through a surge protector, split into a dsl modem and satellite box, and then to an airport product with optical out.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    get a linksys they work great & are 50$ at frys

if you must get apple then get the airport express

much much cheaper than a base station
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Three weeks ago I bought a D-Link DI-524 and it's working great so far. My friend has the D-Link DI-624 and it works fine for him. With rebates, both have been about $40 in recent weeks.