Problem's with iMovie

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just bought a 17" G$ powerbook, and have been trying to use iMovie 04. I can import my movies from my DV camcorder and can edit it, add text, and transistions and everything. When I save the project and then try to reopen it, I keep geeting a message that says the project is protected or saved in a protected drive and that I don't have the right privilidges to work on it. I am the only user on the computer, and I am the administrative user. I checked the permissions on the drives and folders and they are all read and write.

Any clues as to what the problem may be.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by samawi

I just bought a 17" G$ powerbook, and have been trying to use iMovie 04. I can import my movies from my DV camcorder and can edit it, add text, and transistions and everything. When I save the project and then try to reopen it, I keep geeting a message that says the project is protected or saved in a protected drive and that I don't have the right privilidges to work on it. I am the only user on the computer, and I am the administrative user. I checked the permissions on the drives and folders and they are all read and write.

Any clues as to what the problem may be.

Thank you in advance.

Okay, make sure that you're saving it to your Macintosh HD (or whatever you renamed your Macintosh HD) Try saving it again. If that doesn't work, make sure you're not saving it into the System folder or something. Lastly, save it, select the icon in the finder, and select Get Info from the actions menu, or from File>Get Info, and make sure the permissions are in your favor.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by samawi

...I checked the permissions on the drives and folders and they are all read and write.

Just to clarify, DO you use different drives, say, another FW drive, second, have you partitioned your internal drive?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    You might also try repairing your permissions. Directions abound for how to do this. iApps get funky when permissions slip. (iPhoto especially but iMovie has done it once in a while also)