Online dating and singles services

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has anyone ever met someone from one of these services?

I won a free hotel stay in Manila a few years back and met someone through Asia Friend Finder in advance of my visit. We had a great weekend together, with no strings attached.

I also met my current girlfriend through a chat forum.

I do meet people in the normal way. It's just that the internet provides yet another way to meet people.

Who else has had either a casual or serious relationship with someone they met online?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Never needed the online thing.

It's just better in person for me.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I'm happily married for nearly 10 years (and my wife isn't really into computers and internet etc.), my sister in law just married a few days ago a guy she met in an internet chat ...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    The woman I'm dating now came to my attention from online dating. She's a total computer neophyte so this was very new to her. I don't think online dating provides better results than say going out but for those with little to know time it does allow you to potentially meet that special person without leaving the house. The services can only put you together...you have to create the spark.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    NERDS!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    You should throw a "never tried, but hypothetically might consider it." option up there for all those people who don't use it, but don't necessarily look down on it.

I usually just send out the vibe until some chick picks me up.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I won't use those.. but my co-worker does.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Where is the option "I met someone hot from a computer forum such as AppleInsider and s/he is teh mam"?