canon s60

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hi, i just purchased one of these remarkable cameras. the only question i have is how come when i take a picture with the camera, on the display it looks nice and bright, but once i upload it to my computer it looks drastically darker? are there some settings i need to adjust on the camera or maybe even on my computer?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by King Elessar

hi, i just purchased one of these remarkable cameras. the only question i have is how come when i take a picture with the camera, on the display it looks nice and bright, but once i upload it to my computer it looks drastically darker? are there some settings i need to adjust on the camera or maybe even on my computer?

Have you alter the brightness on the camera? also try the brightness on your computer
  • Reply 2 of 5
    i tried adjusting the brightness on my computer and i had no luck. i noticed that the photos i took in daylight came out fine, with minimal reduction in brightness. however the ones that were taking in darker settings with minimal light came out a lot darker than the display on the camera showed. is there some setting with the flash that i need to adjust maybe? perhaps the flash isn't bright enough?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    check the exposure compensation settings. from the sound of it you have a -1 to -3 stops set ....basically this means that whatever meter reading your camera takes for the average of whats in the view screen gets overridden and the exposure is snapped at 1 to 3 stops less light. u can set in in one-third stop increments i believe. one stop is half as much exposure as the next. so a '1'stop photo lets in twice as much light as a '2' but 4 times as much as a '3'....

very simplified but u get the idea. if this is set all your pics will come out too light or too dark.

the only other way you would get this is if you had the iso setting changed when the real film in the camera was different. it does the same job of tellling the camera the film sensitivity and therefore how much time it should keep the shutter open for any given amount of light.

i know its confusing but hope that was helpful. the manual should be able to tell u how to change this setting.

good luck!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    hey macfly, thanks for the advice. it seems to have been those very settings you mentioned.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    sweet! glad to be of help.