[question] Full Screen video out

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi people this is my first post in this forum.

I'm considering on buying a new iMac G5 but I have a few questions:

1) I wanted to know if when using the Apple Video Adapter for video out is there any setup available to configure it like on the PCs with ATI, nVidia, Matrox .. cards? for setting brightness, contrast, full screen video and so on?

2) Can I see full screen videos on TV aside from the DVDs outputed with using Apple's DVD Player? I want to view full screen DVDRips on the TV like Xvid and Dvix ones.

3) When viewing DVDRips is there anything like DirectVobSub (a DirectShow filter for Windows) for OS X, that the video is displayed with subtitles no matter what player you use? if not, wich players support having subtitles on sub, srt files?

Thats all for now

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    The video cards used in Macs are pretty much identical to PC versions. Different firmware is used but hardware and feature sets are the same. Picture calibration is available via colorsync profiles as well as utitlities for picture adjustments like contrast and saturation.

You can use the TV output to display whatever you want, full size video from any program or an excel sheet.

I know of no universal subtitler for video on OS X.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks a lot dfiler for the answers

So lets say there is something similar to the Forceware drivers from nVidia but for Mac? where you can make any kind of adjustments (taking for example here that the card is based on an nVidia chipset)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I'm a newbie to this.

Are there any other advice / recommendations?