Colors

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I wonder if Apple might ever consider colored powerbooks and G5s that would match the iPod Mini line. Aren't they made of the same metal? Maybe they should even redo the cinema display motifs. Hmmmm....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    trtamtrtam Posts: 111member
    Actually, I want to see that and see Apple bring back the iMac G3 colors too...
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by trtam

Actually, I want to see that and see Apple bring back the iMac G3 colors too...

yeah thats hip

• Reply 3 of 13
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
  • Reply 4 of 13
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    Different colours is a real pain for inventory management. They even, back in the days of five iMac colours, forced resellers to buy the same amount of each colour. Apple are having a big problem replacing my faulty 12" PB with a new unit (3 weeks and counting, still no ETA), and that comes in the hugely wide range of ... erm... Silver! Just imagine how much worse it would be if they had five times as many models of PB, just because of fashion!

David
  • Reply 5 of 13
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    In the early days of the iBook, there were two colors. I think two (subtle) color choices might be nice for the iBooks but doubt we'll ever see a choice in PowerBooks.

I'd suggest blue and white. Please don't bring back key lime!
  • Reply 6 of 13
    i just want pink
  • Reply 8 of 13
    trtamtrtam Posts: 111member
    I still want to see them bring the colors back...I want blue and yellow (School colors), or not...

And what I meant by colors was actually iPod Mini like metals, not painted on...
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Colored Power Mac G5s? Are you kidding?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Embedded colour-changing LED's in the computer casing. Apple have taken a patent on it. Hi output LED technology for lighting (as opposed to display) is developing rapidly and this may be one of Apple's smartest patents.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    i want my powerbook to change color according to room temperature.

and my apple mouse should vibrate when the pointer hovers over icons, hyperlinks and such things on the screen.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    drsusedrsuse Posts: 49member
    i would actually go for an anodized powerbook. that would be pretty cool.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

20 different flavors to choose from...

Nice selection of colors, but for that price I would buy a PowerBook instead!