Apple Wireless Mouse

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just received my Apple bluetooth mouse but it does not hold its click when you pick it up to reposition the mouse on the mouse mat! I assume they are supposed to function the same as the Pro mouse in that when you hold onto the tabs at either side to pick up the mouse while maintaining the click the selection/drag is maintained.

Is this a known flaw with the woreless mouse or is it a production problem that will be fixed if I request a new mouse. As is it is more or less useless!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    If you adjust the tension of the clicker on the mouse and you still can't seem to make the button stay held down when you pick it up, there's something wrong with it. I've never had a problem with mine.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    I've ordered the bluetooth mouse etc with new Imac G5 - but I love have a wheel on my mouse! Anybody know of any bluetooth mice that work with mac that have two buttons/scroll wheel.....Heavens forbid a mac user who like two button mice (Yes it's true!).

Anybody recommend any?
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by funkyape

I've ordered the bluetooth mouse etc with new Imac G5 - but I love have a wheel on my mouse! Anybody know of any bluetooth mice that work with mac that have two buttons/scroll wheel.....Heavens forbid a mac user who like two button mice (Yes it's true!).

Anybody recommend any?

Go look at http://www.macmice.com/themouse.html. New Bluetooth with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel and matches Apple mouse exactly. I think it is shipping in October.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by RickT

Go look at http://www.macmice.com/themouse.html. New Bluetooth with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel and matches Apple mouse exactly. I think it is shipping in October.

That link didn't work - try this!

http://www.macmice.com/index.html
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Wow cheers RickT - that's just what I'm after. Fantastic!!!!
  • Reply 6 of 15
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    One unrelated question about the Apple wireless mice. In PC land all the wireless mice I've tried have really poor refresh rates, so the mouse pointer is jerky. 40fps update, which is pretty poor.

How are things with the Apple wireless mouse? Smooth as a wired mouse?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by RickT

That link didn't work - try this!

http://www.macmice.com/index.html

beware of the short battery life... or get a costco membership for batteries!

i notice the site used to state open that the battery life was 2 weeks. now they have changed every reference i can find to says "... weeks".

nice looking mouse though. ive seen the usb versions sold through London Drugs up here in Canada, its a compelling product.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    I've heard of people having problems with wireless mice and powerbooks when they go to sleep or something, has this problem been fixed or is there a remedy to it...update or something?
  • Reply 9 of 15
    wait a sec, since when COULD you hold down the mouse button and pick it up while holding the button down for apple's mouse? That's a nearly impossible feat there, I have one and no, you can't hold down the button and pick it up... you have to try very very hard to do it.

and as a reply to previous post, yes it's smooth as butter, almost no noticeable lag at all, just a tiny winy .01 millisec lag, you won't even notice unless your a heavy gamer.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    I've had that bluetooth mac mouse for a few weeks now, but it seems to be a little sloppily constructed. Might just be mind, but you're warned.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    I also had two of the macmice bluetooth mice and am sad to say they didn't work. Extremely sloppy mouse tracking unfortunately. I loved the corded version but the bluetooth one needs serious improvement. Try before buy I'd say. (on a more positive note: the company offered great support!!)
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Hey wait a minute! I got the bluetooth mouse last week with the G5 iMac and I can't hold the button down and lift the mouse either.

I was able to do this on the wired mouse by clicking it and holding in the side buttons, I could then lift the mouse (still clicked) and reposition it.

Now it seems that when I press the side buttons it pushes the main body of the mouse up "un-clicking it"

It seems just about possible when you hold the mouse up to get a good look at it but not when it's in use.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    im impressed with the apple bt mouse. ive used it gami]ng in halo and warcraft adn it has worked fine. gotta like the battery life too.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Hey Lawrence do you go to Royal Holloway Uni by any chance?
  • Reply 15 of 15
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I love my Apple BT mouse. Every now and again I'd hame some BT interference issue, but a firmware update long ago resolved most of those problems.

The only reason I don't use that mouse now is that certain games are far better with a multi-button mouse. If I didn't use different mouse speeds for my Logitech and Apple mouse, I'd probably leave both active all the time.