XM Satellite and Apple?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    But what happens when you enter a building wearing your "satellite walkman".

Can't be good.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

But what happens when you enter a building wearing your "satellite walkman".

Can't be good.

Yeah...my radio cuts out on this one overpass once in a while. Other than that the reception is great. Any other experiences?
  • Reply 23 of 25
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iShawn

Yeah...my radio cuts out on this one overpass once in a while. Other than that the reception is great. Any other experiences?

I have a XM Delphi Sky-Fi installed in my car.

Just love it. It will cut out entering parking garages and sometimes going under an overpass.

Just a great variety of content. Not sure if its quite ready for primetime mobile yet unless they have a trick up their sleeve.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

Siruis is a joke.

#1 They have commericials (XM is commercial free)

#2 They are ponying up 500 million for their deal with howard stern!

#3 Less tech advantage

#4 HUGE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF DEBIT (About 12x what XM currently owes)

Any company that is will to bank their operation on one person and pay that kinda deal, for something that's two years in the future is not financially sound.

I have both services, and neither Sirius or XM have commericals, in the traditional sense. The both advertize the channel they are on, and every now and again I hear a dj comment on something happening on another channel.

XM had 'real' commericals, but dropped them a good 8 months or so ago.

Lucien
  • Reply 25 of 25
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    Quote:

Originally posted by canadianmacguy

I have both services, and neither Sirius or XM have commericals, in the traditional sense. The both advertize the channel they are on, and every now and again I hear a dj comment on something happening on another channel.

XM had 'real' commericals, but dropped them a good 8 months or so ago.

Lucien

I wasn't able to sleep last night and overheard a new sirius commercial I squinted to see what it was (my eyesight is INSANELY terrible) and unless I was out of it...it looked real...with a computer-animated sirius dog on it. It specifically said the music stations were commercial free...I guess XM might be the same...or free completely. But that's all I use satellite radio for - for jazz...since no jazz aorund here...in Kansas City (one of the jazz hotspots) there is no jazz stations but terrible-quality am.