OSX Backup

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Right, i hope there is someone who can help with this.

I've currently got a PC at home (am waiting for my new iMac to arrive). What i'd like to do is set up a folder on my pc and have OSX backup certain files/folders to the pc. As well as backing up folders would it be possible to sync my mp3 folder for example so that it only copies new stuff to the pc say once a week?

If there is anyone out there that could point me in the right direction i would really apreciate it.

Thanks

Andrew

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AndrewLondon

Right, i hope there is someone who can help with this.

I've currently got a PC at home (am waiting for my new iMac to arrive). What i'd like to do is set up a folder on my pc and have OSX backup certain files/folders to the pc. As well as backing up folders would it be possible to sync my mp3 folder for example so that it only copies new stuff to the pc say once a week?

If there is anyone out there that could point me in the right direction i would really apreciate it.

Thanks

Andrew

I gather that you don't have Backup from .mac. I like Synchronize Pro X from Qdea. I am a paid shareware user of the utility. You chose a folder that you want to synchronize on two volumes. When the volumes become available, Synchronize X/Synchronize Pro X automatically updates older files and copies new files. There are several options for the synchronization or backup. You might check out Synchronize X, Synchronize Pro X, or any of several other synchronization or backup utilities that you find on VersionTracker or MacUpdate.