12 inch powerbook or 12 inch ibook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi guys! I have kind of a dilemma, I'm a college student, I have the 17" powerbook, and I do a lot of traveling all over the world in my spare time, and it's very heavy on the shoulder, and it's to big to use on the airline tray tables. I love my 17 inch, but I need something small and lighter. Today I purchased for apple.com the new updated with airport version of the 12 inch 1.2 GHZ ibook, for 999, but I got thinking (and I can still cancel that order tonight), isit worth paying an extra 600 bucks for the 12 inch powerbook, what is the difference anyay? What do you guys think? Should I just stick with the ibook order?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    trtamtrtam Posts: 111member
    Couldn't you get a 14-inch iBook for the same price as a 12-inch Powerbook? Or is it because the 14-inch iBook looks too tacky...? I think it looks tacky...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by trtam

Couldn't you get a 14-inch iBook for the same price as a 12-inch Powerbook? Or is it because the 14-inch iBook looks too tacky...? I think it looks tacky...

even the 12 inch ibook looks tacky because of the huge bevel around the screen unlike its pbook counterpart.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    PowerBook.

I own both and the PB is teh winna.