crashed g4

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I was on my G4 this morning using emagics logic pro 6 when it froze and crashed as i was turning it off, now my computer wont even turn on, the light on the switch comes on and then fades as soon as i take my finger away, i was using a demo of a software synthesizer which i downloaded from the net, its a G4 dual 800 with over a gig of ram and it has worked fine for the last two and a half years, has anyone got any ideas of what it could be and how it might have happened? as i need it for college. Thankyou.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barnard

I was on my G4 this morning using emagics logic pro 6 when it froze and crashed as i was turning it off, now my computer wont even turn on, the light on the switch comes on and then fades as soon as i take my finger away, i was using a demo of a software synthesizer which i downloaded from the net, its a G4 dual 800 with over a gig of ram and it has worked fine for the last two and a half years, has anyone got any ideas of what it could be and how it might have happened? as i need it for college. Thankyou.

I had a very similar experience with my G4 Cube about 3 years ago and it did the same thing. I sent it off to Apple and they had to replace the power supply. I cant tell you for sure that you are having the same problem but my power button was doing the same thing by lighting up briefly then going off. Good Luck.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    I've had this happen to 1 or 2 machines.

Try unplugging the powercord and then starting it.

Reseat memory, HD cables and motherbaord battery.

Something to try.

Dobby.