.Mac not sending emails

osxosx
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My .Mac email is not sending out from Entourage. I try it from .Mac website and it will send email. Also I have another computer setup with .Mac using Apple's Mail software and it also doesn't send out email and only will from the internet. Does anybody know what it could be?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Mine does the same thing.

It's my ISP's fault. They do not allow access to the ports for outgoing (smtp) mail from other services (port 25 ???).... or something like that. I could probably pursue it, and get them to fix it, but it's not worth the hassle.

They freely admit it's their fault, but I'd have to pursue it to get it fixed.

Not ALL ISP's do this to you ... I had no problem before, using Earthlink.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    My god !

Now I feel REALLY stupid ...

tried it, it worked.... it was just too obvious ... must have been thinking in terms of "windows" the day I tried to set that up
  • Reply 3 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Under your mac.com listing under your "accounts" settings in Entourage, you just have to set your outgoing mail (SMTP) server address to your ISP's mail server, not the mac.com server (usually either "smtp.yourhost.com" or "mail.yourhost.com", assuming you replace "yourhost" with your actual host name). Nothing else needs to be changed. Your return email address will still say [email protected].

That's not working for me, are there any other possible server addresses to try?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Who's your ISP and what's their outgoing mail server address?

Optimum Online and I have no idea what their outgoing mail server address is.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

mail.optonline.net

Google is your friend.

I tried that yesterday but I must've screwed something up because it didn't work but now it is. Thanks!