Apple postpones Canadian iTunes music store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

... so how exactly do you prevent someone from buying tracks from the canadian music store with, essentially a 15% discount?

You can only purchase tracks at the iTMS in the country on your credit card billing address.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

You can only purchase tracks at the iTMS in the country on your credit card billing address.

ah, okay.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    As of 10:46 PM on Wednesday December 1st the Canada store is live. Choose sign in, then select the option for not having a US credit card. Canada now shows as a country and you will be taken to the store. Tracks are $0.99 and albums seem to be $9.99 or $11.99.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,245member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Considering that P2P downloading is legal in Canada...

I still don't get this, but it's been beaten to death, so I won't go there, but... but...

I like to believe people are generally good. Since I can only speak for myself, I'll admit to participating in some downloading of music and other questionable material, but that doesn't mean I won't choose a legal way if it is provided to me. Mac users still don't have much choice here in Canada, so p2p it has been. That'll all change *quickly* when iTMS is open for business, especially with continued marketing on Apple's part.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,245member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

As of 10:46 PM on Wednesday December 1st the Canada store is live. Choose sign in, then select the option for not having a US credit card. Canada now shows as a country and you will be taken to the store. Tracks are $0.99 and albums seem to be $11.99.

Unbelievable! Good work, Sherlock!
  • Reply 26 of 31
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by coolfactor

Unbelievable! Good work, Sherlock!

I can't take all the credit; I noticed people getting all excited on other forums and thought I'd share the news (once I confirmed it, of course).
  • Reply 27 of 31
    ct77ct77 Posts: 49member
    Quote:

Originally posted by coolfactor

That consistency, although debatable on various levels, is one of the founding principles that Apple is built on.

Hear, hear.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

I can't take all the credit; I noticed people getting all excited on other forums and thought I'd share the news (once I confirmed it, of course).

Gabid, thanks for sharing! You've made myself and my two best friends very happy tonight.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    hhoganhhogan Posts: 117member
    Anyone else having problems buying music ?

I keep getting a prompt to update my information
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by HHogan

Anyone else having problems buying music ?

I keep getting a prompt to update my information

That happened to my girlfriend once, but the next time it was OK. Hmm.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    grahamwgrahamw Posts: 575member
    Sweet. I punched in my .mac address and it did the rest for me. Wooha!