iDVD question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am attempting to prepare a DVD slideshow for a friend. I currently have 11 slideshows with 30 pictures per slideshow. Each picture is about 1 MB. I have gone about setting transitions, adding music, ect. My problem is that when I attempt to burn the DVD, the rendering(stage2) takes about 3 hours. After these three hours the iDVD program up and quits due to an error. Any suggestions? Are my pictures too big? Is my processor/ram G4 800 mhz/768 MB too whimpy? I obviously have a superdrive. I have only been running iDVD when attempting burns....I am at a loss......

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Hi,

You didn't mention what version of iDVD you were running. If it's version 3, let the project render completely before you try to burn it. Just click on the Status tab and check on the progress bar every now and again. Also, in System Preferences .. Energy Saver (do this no matter what version of iDVD you're running) set the "Put the computer to sleep when inactive for:" to never, set the "Put the display to sleep when inactive for:" to never, and uncheck the box that says "Put the hard disks to sleep when possible". Give this a try & let us know what happens.

Regards,

Marc
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by terry123

I am attempting to prepare a DVD slideshow for a friend. I currently have 11 slideshows with 30 pictures per slideshow. Each picture is about 1 MB. I have gone about setting transitions, adding music, ect. My problem is that when I attempt to burn the DVD, the rendering(stage2) takes about 3 hours. After these three hours the iDVD program up and quits due to an error. Any suggestions? Are my pictures too big? Is my processor/ram G4 800 mhz/768 MB too whimpy? I obviously have a superdrive. I have only been running iDVD when attempting burns....I am at a loss......

its your computer being slow. that stuff takes forever to render. i would build the slideshows in iphoto and export them as movies to save a little time.