Cell phone

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am getting a new cell phone in the next couple of days with verizon and will be dumping sprintPCS(sprint must be dumped: long story, dont ask)

I was wondering what the chances are of seeing the much vaunted apple+motorola handset in stores in early Jan, should I wait till the MWSF 2k5 keynote to switch and get a new phone? will the apple phone be as overpriced as the pocket pc phones? either way, I am getting a motorola phone but I would love an apple flair on top of it

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    "I was wondering what the chances"...

answer: zero.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

I am getting a new cell phone in the next couple of days with verizon and will be dumping sprintPCS(sprint must be dumped: long story, dont ask)

I was wondering what the chances are of seeing the much vaunted apple+motorola handset in stores in early Jan, should I wait till the MWSF 2k5 keynote to switch and get a new phone? will the apple phone be as overpriced as the pocket pc phones? either way, I am getting a motorola phone but I would love an apple flair on top of it

nothing is for shure, if you are curious, wait 20 days......
  • Reply 3 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

nothing is for shure, if you are curious, wait 20 days......

well...there is a fifteen day return polocy, they will even let you out of contract...so...hmmmmmmmmmm...all that means is for three weeks, I cannot drop my phone...not a problem...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    :-):-) Posts: 110member
    now I don't know what your budget is, but be sure to check out the moto razr v3, it's great design - goes well with a powerbook...

only downside is it has no slot for memory upgrades, and some find it a bit too wide - and of course they don't give it away for free (I also think it's Cingular that's the carrier...)

personally I think it's one of the best designed phones on the market, but I will wait till I actually need a phone to buy one, maybe price has gone down a bit...
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Only Moto and Apple know which cell provider will offer the supposed iPhone. It may not be available until 6 months from now at the earliest according to some reports. Also as stated, cell phones are bundled with specific service providers. You can't just buy the phone and use it with any one. The only thing that the iTunes phone will possess is an ability to download a dozen or so songs from your iTunes library. What's the big deal? An iPod, even the upcoming flash or mini or regular holds more songs.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by :-)

now I don't know what your budget is, but be sure to check out the moto razr v3, it's great design - goes well with a powerbook...

I have seen the razor, it is cool, but cingular is not great in this part of the midwest, verizon and sprint, unfotunately tmoble blows around here or i would get the sidekickII at the price of 199, I am looking at ~100-150 for the handset (after rebates for new customers/renewed 2 year contracts)

I am a fanboy of the moto v710, be it crippled or not, but that is a little pricey for me at 249.99 (after rebates)

I do not need/care about a camera, I just want fun ringtones, high res color display for moble web(which thanks to sprint i am addicted to), and a display on the outside of the unit for caller id and BLUETOOTH...(give it time, the hackers will find a way to unlock bluetooth on the verizon v710s if verizon refuses to do it on the front end)

but to be honest I would love a blackberry but that is just way too much $$$

and just a thought, why not software upgrades for existing handsets - hell most already have some level of QT built in, particularly verizon and sprint
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by :-)

only downside is it has no slot for memory upgrades, and some find it a bit too wide - and of course they don't give it away for free (I also think it's Cingular that's the carrier...)

personally I think it's one of the best designed phones on the market, but I will wait till I actually need a phone to buy one, maybe price has gone down a bit...

keep in mind that the v3 does not support isync over bluetooth, however: only USB cable.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    cmacma Posts: 25member
    Guess what: I have the motorola V3 together with my other "add-ons"

Great phone and very happy with it!